Company: shipbuilding and repairing services provider Conract: permanent /staff based in Dubai Job Objectives: Reviewing commercial agreements, taking down minutes of meetings, and assisting with shipping corporate, competition, employment, regulatory, environmental, property, insurance and other ad-hoc legal matters, whether of a litigation or transactional nature. Key ResponsabilitiesPolicies, Processes & Procedures:
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of department activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service.
- Ensure employees are aware and follow the information Security Rules and data security measures in order to protect the company information / intellectual properties.
- Assist in the development of the department budget by preparing analysis and data related to specific elements as directed.
- Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements and or litigation matters.
- Attending board meetings and taking down minutes.-(where requested).
- Participating in conference calls and note taking.
- Assisting on corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- Notarizations of Power of Attorney Legal Translations and any other documents.
- Drafting Board Resolutions.
- Review insurance related documents, claims procedures, tender documents.
- Assist in carrying out research on various legal issues.
- Assist in providing regular updates on litigation related matters.
- Assist in maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
- Providing formal and informal feedback to ensure that all work within a specific area is carried out in an efficient manner and in accordance with set individual targets.
- Ensuring work is carried out in a collegiate atmosphere with a focus on empowerment and upselling.
- Knowledge and experience of shipping /oil and gas law.
- Experience in a similar position in a reputable shipyard or shipping company or in private practice.
- Familiar with technical terms related to the shipping and oil and gas industries.
- Project Management and Contract negotiation skills.
- Graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
- Post graduate degree in law in any jurisdiction.
- Admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Qualified in a common law jurisdiction (England and Wales preferred)
- Minimum of one year legal work experience preferred.
- 3 years legal work experience.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Legal Executive Lead AcademyAED 45
AED 1,432Duration: Upto 4 Hours
ACCA F4 - Corporate and Business Law (UK) APC - Accounting Practise CenterAED 674
AED 779Duration: 45 Hours