At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. We’re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.A day in the life of a Business Development Representative is never the same, but in this role you will leverage your experience in the transportation, brokerage and/or third party logistics to generate a book of business for BRT. You will prospect, cold call and onboard new customers to develop strong new and existing customer relationships and generate a profitable, long-term customer base.What you'll do:
- Identify and develop sales opportunities by researching potential new and existing accounts, introducing BRT and connecting with decision makers.
- Call prospects on a daily basis to develop and follow up on new business sales leads.
- Stay organized for timely follow-ups, and strategic selling.
- Utilize existing industry knowledge to develop, grow and manage a profitable book of business.
- Maintain a pipeline of forecasted opportunities of new business in CRM.
- Lead the customer on boarding process for new customers, with proper communication to both the customer and Carrier Sales team.
- Proactively identify, communicate, engage and influence the proper decision makers.
- Develop backhaul opportunities to compliment the BRT static outbound program.
- Respond to RFQ from customer and take RFQ to pricing for completion.
- Conduct customer onsite visits to close business (as needed).
- Keep management informed of all activity, including timely completion of sales reports and required documentation in an accurate fashion.
- Establish and meet individual goals and objectives relating to all aspects of the position.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent job related experience.
- Two Years years sales and/or negotiation experience required.
- Three Years brokerage, transportation, third-party logistics experience required.
- MercuryGate (3PL TMS) experience preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication and presentation skills, follow-up, and problem-solving abilities.
- Possesses the ability to build strong relationships with potential customers through personal contact, e-mail, and other forms of communication.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a fast-paced team environment.
- Must have a strong desire for a performance based salary structure and sales career path.
- Must be able to travel 10% of the time.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- One location
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
SpartanNash Caito Foods-
Diploma in Sales Planning Level 3 1TRAININGAED 128
AED 882Duration: Upto 6 Hours
Lettings Property Manager Skills Course GateAED 71
AED 811Duration: Upto 8 Hours