Description: Outside Sales Specialist The primary mission of the Outside Sales Specialist is to represent KF Valves in the field, establishing relationships with companies who are identified as potential customers, while also providing education and ongoing support to assigned accounts. The Outside Sales Specialist is expected to identify and qualify leads within their assigned territory. Primary responsibilities include submitting regular sales reports to management, informing potential and existing customers of product features and benefits, and resolving customer complaints. You should also be able to create as well as present persuasive sales proposals to customers to encourage sales and repeat business. Principal Activities
- Enthusiastically champions and owns designated product lines sold to appropriate market.
- Review market analysis to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Advises dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques.
- Receives assigned sales territory, complete with goals and objectives, measuring performance.
- Analyzes sales and margin performance.
- Strategically negotiating with potential and existing customers to close sales.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representatives with maintain relationships and negotiations and closing deals.
- Prepares weekly and monthly consolidated reports reflecting orders, sales, key developments, market activity and future outlooks.
- Serves as a communication liaison between assigned accounts and the company, utilizing internal resources as needed.
- Consistently meets or exceeds minimum KPI standards and expectations.
- Working knowledge of API valve standards, including 6D, 6A, 608, etc.
- Strong business acumen, data analysis and in-depth understanding of concepts and principles on a global basis.
- Must have critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to solve routine, unusual and highly complex problems demanding/requiring the use of conceptual and innovative thinking.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees on a variety of topics and with together to accomplish common goals and make the business successful.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years sales and marketing experience.
- Experience in selling pipes, fittings, and valves in Oil & Gas, and general industries.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques and pipeline management.
- Quality Management System, quality objectives, and product training.
- Customer/Job-specific procedures, work instructions, forms, processes and supplemental training, when required.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.