Cabinetworks Group is a new national leader in the cabinetry industry. At Cabinetworks Group, we care about our people and our community. If you are hardworking, energetic, and want to have a career in a successful, growing company, we want you! To learn more about us, visit https://cabinetworksgroup.com/about/ Position Purpose: The Designer will support the selling process by preparing layouts, quotes, and professional bids for the sales staff. Major tasks, responsibilities and key accountabilities of the Designer:
- Prepare layouts, quotes using 20/20 and professional bids for sales staff
- Store all designs and pricing to company cloud based storage
- Provide timely assistance for layout changes, whether a master change or a nonstandard change for FS field personnel.
- Implement all price increases by updating and processing all paperwork to maintain margins
- Assist all retail customers as needed
- Additional responsibilities include: preparation and review of kitchen cabinet layouts and designs for function, aesthetics and cost; blueprint reading; and preparation of weekly reports.
- Undergraduate degree in design, business or related field, or relevant experience
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in design and/or sales
- A background including experience in cabinetry or design industry
- Detail orientation
- Knowledge of the selling process and bid preparation
- Technical aptitude and ability to understand the construction business
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Effective organization skills
- Experience in reading blueprints.
- Experience in kitchen layout and design.
- Experience in using 20/20 software a must
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality and well organized
- Basic computer skills in MS Office Software (Word and Excel) and the Internet
- Math proficiency: Ability to subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, including; whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Cabinetworks Group is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity in race, color, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any other protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. Cabinetworks Group does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.