Equity National Title and Closing Services, Inc. is a long-established title and closing company, having been in business since 1989, and currently licensed in 39 states. We are seeking an experienced Title Insurance Agent for our Louisiana operation.The Title Insurance Agent will report to the Title Team Leader for Equity National and will work closely with the personnel in the operations department, closing department, and underwriting.The Title Insurance Agent’s responsibilities shall include but will not be limited to, examination of title searches on Louisiana properties and the issuance of title insurance commitments and policies. The Title Insurance Agent will be responsible for ensuring that the commitments and policies meet insurer and customer requirements and comply with Louisiana law.Summary of essential job functions:
- Examination of titles to Louisiana properties for curative matters
- Preparation and delivery of title insurance commitments and policies
- Ensuring commitment and policy production is in compliance with customer/insurer requirements and Louisiana law.
- Advise all required areas of operations and production staff on title matters and underwriter policies and procedures pertaining to Louisiana transactions.
- Direct or assist in training of personnel with respect to title examination, underwriting and related functions.
- Assist the title department in all other matters as requested by management.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Comprehensive understanding of title underwriting requirements
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minor supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Ability to stay focused and maintain a high level of accuracy while meeting daily task and process deadlines
- Willingness to cross train and change responsibilities
- An active Louisiana title insurance producer’s license
- A high level of proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Licensed as a Notary Public a plus
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to participate effectively in a team atmosphere
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Louisiana Title (Required)
- Fully Remote
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.