e. Position Summary:
The Area Senior Accountant is responsible for leading monthly close and quarterly forecast processes along with other basic accounting responsibilities related to reconciliations, AR, and AP.
f. Duties & Responsibilities:
i. General Accounting
• Manage the monthly close process and ensure proper documentation and filing of support information.
• Calculate and prepare journal entries for local transactions as indicated in the monthly close.
• Maintain leasing and subleasing master data base with high proficiency in IFRS 16 and GCC VAT compliance.
• Monthly invoicing, working capital management and AR follow-up.
• Reconciling complex FA registers, eliminations, Statutory and GAAP recos, etc.
• Coordination and closely working with other functions for the information.
• Assist with tax forecasting and local reporting
• Assist with required local regulatory filings in order to meet all local compliance requirements
• High proficiency in GCC VAT, WHT, taxes, etc.
• Maintain local files as dictated by local tax and regulatory legislation
• Preparation of accounting and administration reports as required by Home office
• Assist with/coordinate special projects as needed
II. CANDIDATE CHARACTERISTICS
• 5 years or more in Finance or Accounting
• ORACLE experience is highly desirable
• Multinational business familiarity preferred
• Experience in drilling/oilfield service industry preferred
b. Education and Training:
• University degree preferred, preferably in business/accounting along with a professional certification.
• Fluency in English
c. Personal Attributes:
• Motivated, energetic, self-starter
• Uncompromising ethics
• Intelligent, sound judgment, common sense
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills and accounting technical knowledge
• Ability to work well with people at all levels and from multiple cultures
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Nabors Drilling International Gulf FZE
Accounting Diploma Brentwood Open Learning CollegeAED 285
AED 2,722Duration: 1 To 260 Hours
Payroll System Management Diploma Lead AcademyAED 44
AED 1,469Duration: Upto 3 Hours
English for Accounting Inspire Training CenterAED 2,997
AED 3,746Duration: 50 Hours Live virtual classroom
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Part 2 Inspire Training CenterAED 4,558
AED 5,770Duration: 104 Hours Live virtual classroom