Supervise Budget Control section providing budget control services including but not limited to CAPEX/OPEX Budgets & AFEs, Invoice Processing and Asset Capitalization
- Develop and implement effective cost budget control strategies to ensure compliance with Departmental Procedures and Work Instructions
- Act as Budget Focal Point & address / resolve all queries of Finance Department including external auditors.
- Ensure smooth interface with engineering departments in preparation, endorsement, approval and administration of CAPEX, OPEX Budgets & AFEs.
- Review the Annual Budget, Budget Revisions/Supplementary Budget and ensure appropriate justification.
- Challenge budget to ensure it adequate and mapped with Project Execution Program.
- Analyze cost budget data and perform "WHAT-IF" Expenditure trend to identify potential under/overruns and provide "Early Warning" to line supervisor of variances beyond acceptable parameters with best solution for mitigation.
- Provide expert, professional and timely solutions to Projects on all matters related to budgets, AFE administration and invoice processing.
- Ensure all activities are completed within agreed KPIs.
- Ensure that all the financial & technical requirements are met for closeout of completed Projects, including completeness of Statement of Final Account and timely Asset Capitalization.
- Lead continuous improvement team to identify areas of opportunity that can result in cost/time savings, complexity reduction and propose solutions to realize these benefits.
- Actively participate in coaching / development of Qatari Nationals.
Qualifications and skills
- A university/college degree in financial accounting and/or CPA,CMA,ACCA.
- At least 12 years relevant experience in project cost budget control. Experience in Oil & Gas industry is preferable.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to adapt to changing priorities and manages multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Performs routine duties independently and refers to Line Supervisors on non-routine work.
- Substantial working knowledge in SAP essential.
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years' experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.