Baker Hughes offers the opportunity as an experienced General Operator to join the team in Qatar.
- Under general supervision is fully competent in all aspects of operator duties at the well site and at the shop, can maintain the unit and perform all pre-job duties, well-site operations and post-job duties, as well as training of junior operators.
- Is assigned a unit with all of the responsibilities to maintain it in the highest state of readiness.
- Maintains records and communications as required by District Manager.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot Grease Injection Pressure Control Equipment
- Operates the Winch in the Wireline Unit with minimal supervision
- Responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance of all Federal, Country, State, Local and WLE regulations applicable to WLE explosives operations.
- Drives company vehicles in a safe manner, observing all Company and government regulations and arrive at well site or other designated destination at scheduled time.
- Participates actively in quality improvement efforts with respect to ballistics operations.
- Promotes and maintains good customer relations.
- Carries out all required responsibilities safely as described in Managing Base Operations, Managing Well Operations and Managing Equipment and Logistics manuals.
- Performs other related duties asrequired. Conducts all business activities in accordance with Baker Hughes HSE policies, Legal Compliance requirements and Baker Hughes Core Values.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Industry experience and product line training required.
- Expert knowledge of oil and gas industry and product line.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work well and communicate well with others.
- Experience working in offshore environment is a must
- Experience working with Pipe Conveyed Logging equipment is preferred
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Baker Hughes serves the worldwide oil and natural gas industry with reservoir consulting and products and services for drilling, formation evaluation, completion and production.