Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
- This position is responsible for welding fabricated material to assemble structural forms on assigned rig.
- Essential functions
- Perform welding, fabrication and maintenance on rig equipment.
- Perform repairs on high-pressure lines, mud lines, water lines and centrifugal pumps.
- Replace rusted out plates.
- Build and replace walkways, handrails, tool boxes and pallet forks.
- Install I beams for hoist, wellheads and stands for office and galley equipment.
- Perform pipe fitting and pipe welding.
- Cut sand welds bell nipple to fit each location of well and brazes fitting for refrigerant and air conditioning.
- Accurately maintain quantities of full and empty oxygen tanks, acetylene and welding leads.
- Monitor tools, cutting hose and all steel on rig.
- Perform all work safely and in accordance with the Company's HSE policies and procedures.
- Abide by all Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
- Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
- Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
- Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
- Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
- As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- A High School diploma is required.
- Should have at least 2 years of specific work experience. Must have experience in carbide welding.
- Must possess necessary licenses, certificates and registrations to safely perform the functions of a welder.
- Must be able to operate hand and power tools specific to welding.
- Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
- Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors.
- Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.