Part-time Content Marketer
Status: Part Time, 20-25 hours/week
Location: ObservePoint Home Office – Pleasant Grove, UT
Department Name: Marketing
About ObservePoint It’s true that ObservePoint is yet another tech startup in Utah’s ever-booming Silicon Slopes, but here are some things you should know about us:
- Working here is challenging, and you’ll love it. Our teams are small, so you get to wear many hats and have real opportunity to make an impact
- ObservePoint is on Deloitte's 2018 Technology Fast 500 list and has been on MWCN’s Fastest Growing Companies in Utah three times
- Our founders are true tech pioneers: John Pestana, co-founder of Omniture which was acquired by Adobe and became Adobe Analytics, and Rob Seolas, who co-founded iLeadMeadia which was acquired by Think Partnership
- Personality and productivity play a large role in the hiring process, so basically everyone who works here is really cool and highly effective
Have you ever browsed a website only to have ads for an item you looked at start following you around the internet? Clearly some digital force is aware of your every online move. They’re called tags: little pixel-sized tracking beacons that are embedded in the coding on web pages to capture and report site activity. Sometimes these tags break because human error interferes with their tracking abilities, leaving marketers blind about what’s working or not in order to better serve your online needs.
At ObservePoint, we make sure those tags are functioning properly. Our patented technology allows us to audit the digital tags on a website and check for functionality. We locate and report on any errors or potential issues and can even set up proactive alerts to notify site owners when things break. And who cares about tags breaking? All the biggest brands in the world, many of whom are our clients:
Adobe, Comcast, Ford, HPE, Harley-Davidson, Texas Instruments, Overstock.com, and Johnson & Johnson (just to name a few). Position Overview
The ObservePoint Marketing department is looking for an experienced writer to join the Content team on a part-time basis (roughly 20-25 hours per week). The goal of this position is to plan and write engaging video and web content that will appeal to our audiences, attract new and inform current customers, and increase brand awareness.
The Marketing Content Writer will work closely with the Director of Content and Communications and to identify relevant topics, plan the creation calendar, and create content in the form of product-focused web copy and video scripts, email communications, and other content marketing materials. We’re looking for a self-starting writer who can compile research from credible sources, produce quality content, and complete projects within the deadlines.
While this role is a shorter-form marketing-style writing position, writers with more technical backgrounds are welcome. This position will also offer the opportunity to learn a wide range of content and digital marketing initiatives.
- Creating engaging and informative video content (outlines and/or scripts), web copy, and email copy that promote our company, products, and industry challenges and solutions
- Writing and editing blog posts, customer case studies, and other types of marketing content
- Perform research from credible sources and conduct interviews with subject matter experts to write competently and knowledgeably about marketing analytics and attribution topics
- Identify opportunities or gaps in our content creation and recommend relevant new topics
- Work with the Content and Creative teams to plan projects and meet deadlines
- Ensure content is consistently created according to project outlines, brand guidelines, and company philosophies and expertise
- Approve, upload, and publish completed content on our site and video accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to support that passion
- 1-3 years of experience writing, editing, and publishing content regularly to a video platform, blog, or website
- Ability to edit and identify grammatical, spelling, syntax, diction, and thematic errors
- Ability to take initiative and work quickly and independently
- Comfortable giving and receiving regular feedback
- Ability to write using various tones and voices
- Working knowledge of SEO principles
- Positive attitude and willingness to help with multiple disciplines of a content team
- Familiarity with a combination of marketing-styled and technical writing
- Knowledge/interest in the marketing technology or analytics industry
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Familiarity with project management tools like Wrike
- A basic understanding of design principles
Click the Apply for this Job button. IMPORTANT: Please provide a writing sample by attaching it with your resume or by pasting a link in the Website, Blog, or Portfolio field in the application.
ObservePoint Company Description
As companies become increasingly dependent on digital data, how often do we stop to question the accuracy of the data that’s driving our business decisions?
In 2010, John Pestana and Rob Seolas set out to create a proprietary MarTech validation solution and reliable tag governance process that could ensure data-driven businesses were, in fact, collecting accurate data to guide their decisions and to better connect with their audience.
Today, ObservePoint helps the world’s leading enterprises validate and manage their data implementation and collection processes—ensuring they’re making data-driven decisions that are accurate and effective.
ObservePoint empowers data-informed companies to trust their data and better serve their customers through enterprise solutions for analytics management and tag governance. Using proprietary technology to scan websites and apps for data-collection errors, ObservePoint is an automated platform that validates marketing tags and optimizes digital analytics implementations to give you accurate and actionable data.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.