Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels.Family and consumer science teachers teach students how to manage a home. They teach topics that include nutrition, menu planning, food preparation, clothing care and construction, money management, grooming, consumer awareness, and child development. ... They plan the best method of teaching the course material.
- Assessing children’s skills and learning requirements
- Teaching the FACS curriculum
- Collaborating with parents and school staff to track students’ progress
- Caring for the student's personal care
- 401(k) Matching
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.