Head of Growth Marketing, Latin America - HBO Max
Head of Growth Marketing, Latin America - HBO MaxLocation Sao Paulo, Amazonas | Miami, Florida Business: HBO Max Position Type: Job ID 178410BR
WarnerMedia Inc. is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
HBO Max is the future of entertainment and storytelling. WarnerMedia’s new streaming entertainment offering, HBO Max is the culmination of some of the most innovative new technology and greatest creative talent in the industry. Anchored by the entire HBO service, arguably the greatest brand in television, HBO Max also features fan favourites from the WarnerMedia library including Warner Bros., New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Turner Classic Movies, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, and more. HBO Max will also be home to key third-party library acquisitions, such as Friends, South Park and Doctor Who, and more than 50 exclusive Originals in its first year, from the likes of ground-breaking creative talent such as J.J. Abrams, Ridley Scott, Jordan Peele, Steven Soderbergh, Michael Mann, Mindy Kaling, Reese Witherspoon, Anna Kendrick, Greg Berlanti, Melissa McCarthy, Robert Zemeckis, Ellen DeGeneres, and other visionaries.
Following the successful launch of HBO Max in the US, WarnerMedia will be expanding HBO Max to Latin America.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Growth Marketing, to be based in Miami, Florida (preferred) or São Paulo, Brazil, to effectively and efficiently acquire large numbers of subscribers through a wide variety of channels; maximizing the lifetime value of those subscribers, and ultimately, maximizing revenue growth for HBO Max in the region.
Reporting to the General Manager HBO Max Latin America, you will be accountable for the following responsibilities:
- Digital Brand Marketing
- Performance Marketing (SEO, SEM)
- Social Media
- Subscriber Acquisition
- Public Relations and Communications
- Customer Service
- Business Development and Partnerships (with retail, payment, and marketing partners)
- You will localize and execute the global HBO Max marketing strategy in Latin America
- You will oversee a marketing budget across all Latin America markets, partnering with finance controllers on budgets, forecasts and ongoing cost analysis
- You will direct the execution of digital brand-campaigns and performance marketing campaigns through agencies and in partnership with the centralized internal Creative Services team
- You will drive subscriber acquisitions through effective digital brand marketing and performance marketing, building and maintaining predictive segmentation models (in partnership with the Business Insights & Data team), managing the DTC channel sales funnel, driving subscriptions through global digital stores / manufacturers and local / non-traditional distributors, partnering with the pay TV affiliate distribution team to drive HBO linear subscribers and maximize authenticated usage of HBO Max
- You will manage consumer retention and satisfaction to maximize consumer lifetime value, partnering with the Business Insights & Data team to understand retention related data, developing the CRM strategy, managing successful subscriber onboarding, retention and churn reduction, creating and implementing the goals and strategy for Customer Service teams
- In partnership with the central teams, you will lead and develop the Public Relations and Communications strategy and goals for HBO Max in the region, driving the long-range press strategy, maximizing positive exposure and managing content-driven PR (including Local Original Productions) and other areas
- You will provide leadership to the HBO Max Latin America Growth Marketing team through goal-setting, performance reviews and team development and will partner with HR on compensation decisions for all team members
- You will develop and deliver executive briefing materials and positions, to facilitate better engagement with key internal stakeholders in Latin America and US
- A leader with an excellent track record of managing and leading a cross-border team (preferably remote/virtual management) in a LatAm-wide role
- Experience developing and executing marketing strategies for premium brands across multiple Latin American territories
- Data-driven executive with the ability to optimize decisions and campaigns through the use of data
- Commercially and financially astute, used to developing and working with budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrable gravitas, personal impact and charisma with exceptional communication skills (fluent written and spoken English AND Spanish or Portuguese is a prerequisite)
- Collaborative and collegiate in approach, commitment to the team and non-hierarchical mindset is important
- Proven ability to blend strategic vision with excellent operational execution
- Significant travel (Latin America and US) is likely
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.