Provide technical expertise and guidance to design, develop, review, monitor and recommend performance standards, guidelines, policies, practices and procedures focused on Petroleum Engineering in line with the overall production strategy.
4. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide functional support to all Drilling Operations units and artificial lift specialists to assure compliance with specifications and standards and ensure the effective adoption and implementation of new methodologies and technologies to enhance production, optimize productivity and mitigate risks.
- Provides subject expertise to define Petroleum Engineering procedures, policies, technical specifications, performance standards and methodologies and the adoption of new technologies.
- Provides key technical advice and guidance on all aspects of Petroleum Engineering including; reservoir management and operations, engineering, well design, simulation, completion, production optimization, artificial lift technologies, production chemistry.
- Design downhole ESPs, surface equipment, and well completion. Determine the equipment sizing that is suitable for well conditions and operational condition
- Extensive experience in ESP and/or gas lift applications. This experience shall include artificial lift application design, on-site installation procedure, performance monitoring and analysis, ability to recommend corrective actions
- Leading group of engineers in specific tasks and studies, participate in company engineering standard review, and the development of young professionals.
- Completing the end of well reports, to include an accurate account of the operations performed, summarizing performance/costs and compiling lessons learned/recommendations for improvements for future operations etc.
- Providing technical discipline expertise and strategic oversight
- Champion new technologies aimed at improving well productivity and streamlining efficiency.
- Develop special techniques, procedures, test and evaluate new technologies to enhance production and safety of wells.
- Extensive Tendering, Contracting, and Contract Management Experience.
. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Petroleum Engineering.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 12+ years of experience within Petroleum Engineering and field development with an emphasis on providing specialist services
- Professional Certifications
- Will be an advantage
7. TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
- Good knowledge of computers, spreadsheets and software packages.
- Decision-making, prioritizing abilities,
- Analytical & creative bent of mind.
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills. Proficient in English.
8. behavioural CompetenciEs:
- Having good attitude, interpersonal and inter-cultural communication skills
- Able to prioritise task and decision making
- Adhere to HSE policy and commit to core value principles (Leadership, values and ethics)
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.