- Handing over and taking over charge of patients and ward inventory in each shift.
- Maintenance of therapeutic environment in the ward
- Keeping the ward clean and tidy
- Routine care and cleaning of dressing trolleys, cupboards, apparatus, mackintosh etc.
- Care of clean and soiled linen
- Disinfection of linen, beds, floor and bed pans, and fumigation of rooms etc.
- Preparation of room, trolleys and sets for procedures.
- Preparation of surgical supplies
- Maintaining interpersonal relationship with patients, relatives and healthy team members
- Orientation of new staff/ students
- Demonstration and guidance to student nurses
- Participation in staff education and staff meetings
- Participation in professional activities
- Demonstration and supervision of domestic staff
- Report about the medico-legal cases if any admitted in the ward
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Sister Grade-I from time to time.
- Admission and discharge of the patients
- To maintain the personal hygiene of the patients, including bathing, care of mouth, back, nails, hair etc.
- Care of pressures points as needed
- To assist the patient in elimination, offering and removing the bed pans and urinals
- Bed making
- Assist in feeding the weak and debilitated patients
- Writing of diet sheet, supervision and distribution of diets
- Assist in physiotherapy, ambulation and rehabilitation
- Carry-out patient’s teaching and demonstration according to the need
- Counselling the patients, and relatives
- Care of the dying and dead
- Administration of medicine and injections to the patients
- Assist in administration of intravenous injections, infusion and transfusion
- Observing, recording and reporting of vital signs e.g. T.P.R. and blood pressure
- Carry out technical procedures, such as Naso-gastric intubation, gastric lavage, oxygen therapy, Dressings and irrigations, Enema, Catheterisation, hot and cold applications, suction etc.
- Collecting, labelling and dispatch of specimens
- Preparation for and assistance in clinical tests and medical/ surgical procedures
- Urine testing for sugar and albumin
- Observation, recording and reporting of all procedures and tests.
- Escorting serious patients to and from the department/ wards.
- health services department: 1 year (Preferred)
- Diploma (Preferred)
- Hindi, English (Preferred)
- Hospitality & Tourism
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Improve your chance to get this job. Do an online course on Nursing starting now.
Nursing Assistant Diploma Level 3 Alpha AcademyAED 58
AED 1,175Duration: Upto 9 Hours
Learn Clinical Nursing - Tissue Viability Course GateAED 63
AED 811Duration: Upto 4 Hours