Senior Engineer, Reliability (Mechanical)
Oversee, plan, direct and coordinate the activities relating to Mechanical & Rotating Machinery Assets' issues in the LNG and ASR facilities. Analyze, diagnose, and solve significant plant issues relating primarily to production opportunity losses and integrity and reliability. This includes issues concerning all aspects of the plant in operations, reliability, integrity, maintenance, engineering, projects, training, and quality to provide long term proactive results.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Participate in incident investigations related to Mechanical & Rotating Machinery Assets issues and liaise with relevant parties to highlight and follow-up the remedial measures. Investigate the same individually and with a team depending upon the seriousness and recommend suitably to avoid the recurrence of these incidents.
- Track implementation of recommended actions related to asset integrity and reliability threats and update Asset Risk Register accordingly.
- Act as an Independent Competent Person (ICP) to carry out studies to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the Senior Engineer, Reliability (Mechanical) apply Data analysis techniques that can include:
Reliability modeling and prediction Fault Tree Analysis
Weibull Tree Analysis
Root-cause and Root-Cause Failure Analysis (RCA, RCFA)
Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS)
- Work with Plant Operations, Maintenance, and Engineering Divisions to perform analyses of assets including:
Monitor Machinery performance Overall Equipment Effectiveness Remaining useful life
Other parameters that define operating condition, reliability and costs of assets
•Conduct presentation sessions to deliver outcomes of investigations and studies
- Review completed problem solutions with other activities to identify lessons learned that could be utilized in other applications.
- Monitor implementation and effectiveness of processes and procedures required to assure integrity and reliability of LNG and ASR facilities throughout their Asset Lifecycle .
- Monitor implementation and effectiveness of processes and procedures required for Enterprise Risk Management.
- Participate in the establishment of integrity performance indicators that will serve in achieving shareholders KPis.
- Prepare periodical progress reports on the asset integrity KPI's and weekly & monthly reports to keep top management informed about the progress of all initiatives and to facilitate decision making.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment in promoting ADNOC corporate vision in all Process Safety/Integrity matters, promoting the correct behaviors and development and use of relevant procedures.
- Monitor Plant compliance for all the defined HSECES.
- Develop verification schemes and performance standards management.
- Carry out Integrity Audit(s) to ensure compliance with company procedures, national and international standards and ensure that there is a level of quality assurance within the process.
- Monitoring and following up deviations and non-conformities identified during integrity audits and follow up to either justified or corrected, and subsequently closed out.
- Assure that ADNOC Strategies, techniques and analysis are developed and managed in accordance to AIRMS requirements.
- Focal point for AIRMS internal & external assessments. Assure timely execution and follow-up of remedial studies.
- Custodian of anomaly tracking and management of change register as applicable to Asset Integrity & Reliability Management System (AIRMS)
- Represents ADNOC in outside discussions and technical forums while working with a wide latitude for un-reviewed actions and decisions.
- Work with Engineering and Project Divisions to ensure integrity and reliability of new & modified installations in accordance with AIRMS requirements.
- Assume responsibility for risk assessment, including Hazards and Operability (HAZOP) studies.
- Prepare business case studies, plans and justifications for capital and major revenue (C&MR) schemes.
- Monitor & control C&MR budgets, schedules, and resources and address variances suitably to ensure progress as per plan.
- Investigate and promote new technologies where appropriate.
- Provide information to the Manager, Reliability & Asset Life Extension Department as necessary for the preparation and planning of departmental activities.
- Provide expertise assistance in the area of Mechanical assets to other ADNOC team members as
& when required.
- Participate in department meetings on regular basis and in Management meetings whenever required .
- Provide opportunities for training and development of ADNOC employees with emphasis on UAE Nationals and assess their progress.
- HSECES system audit to ensure existence of performance standards and compliance to the performance standard of all HSECES. CMMS monitoring and MTBF Module development.
- Remnant life & PIRR studies . Monitoring and analyzing HSECES inventory .
- Work in accordance with the HSE policy, and compliance of HSE rules and regulations
- Safeguard own Health and Safety, as well as that of the fellow employees, by paying attention to safe work practices, maintaining a safe work environment and complying with applicable HSE requirements.
- Take action to INTERVENE and STOP any un-safe activity or non-compliance with HSE requirements, if witnessed, and report the incident- regardless of your position or that of the transgressor
- Plan, supervise and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for preparation of the Section I Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section I Department policies, processes, systems, Quality standards and
procedures in order to support execution of the Section's I Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section I Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainabilitv
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
- COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Has frequent contact up to Division/Departmental Manager levels in the Plant Operations, Engineering and Maintenance Divisions.
- Has occasional contact with Plant Management.
External : Has occasional contact with representatives of Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Machinery consultants, contractors, suppliers and vendors.
- QUALIFI CATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related Engineering discipline Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- Minimum Experience
- 10 years of experience, in Mechanical maintenance, engineering technology and reliability in the Oil &
Gas or Petrochemical industry.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of gas extraction and process plant operations, engineering principles and technology .
- Good knowledge and application of Mechanical Engineering and Rotating machinery concepts
- Self-motivated and capable of working as individual and within a team environment.
- Good communication and presentation skills .
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical Report Writing
- Certification related to following mentioned technical competencies (Preferable)
- Mechanical system I machinery overhaul
- Proficient with SAP, Historian (PHD) and MS office applications
- Proficient in RCA I FMEA I Fault tree analysis
- Analysing data, Statistical Analysis
- Vibration Analysis , Condition & performance monitoring tools
- Think Strategically: Fully understands Strategy (level 1)
- Drive Excellence: Improves performance (level 2)
- Champion Innovation : Tries new ways (level 1)
- Exhibit commercial acumen: Understands market dynamics (level 2)
- Plan and Execute Work : Plans own work to align to functional priorities and others work plan (level 2)
- Foster collaboration : Takes initiative to offer help (level 2)
- Meet Customer Needs: Communicates (level 1)
- Build Credibility and Commitment: Is open and honest (level 1)
- Lead Change with Agility : Acts flexibly in the moment (level 2)
- Communicate with Impact: Adapts style to suit audiences (level 2)
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.