Job Purpose & Scope: Carry out a variety of skilled activities related to operations of coiled tubing equipment on assigned well site. Key job roles include running in-hole coiled tubing string in accordance with well program, preparing equipment and securing well head equipment, maintaining CT operations safe and within given parameters to avoid breakage or interruption. Carries our routine maintenance on assigned equipment and report any malfunction thereon, observe field services procedures and implements as approved by Company management.
- Prepare for assembles equipment for installation and service in well sites and fields.
- Operate coiled tubing equipment and run in-hole CT along well perforation to clean up bore and flow assigned well. Includes rigging up equipment and secure well head with CT equipment, receiving well program from supervisor indicating agreed limits of operations parameters and operates equipment accordingly.
- Follow instructions for spotting equipment on location
- Perform pre/post job equipment inspections. Specifically, perform pre-trip vehicular inspections
- Monitor well control parameters and calculations before and during job applications.
- Respond to changing operational needs by controlling running speed and/or pumping modes.
- Ensure strict adherence to Company and client QHSE and loss preventions rules and regulations.
- Follow up the execution of CT program. Include understanding the well map, calculating the string weight and determine maximum tension, to ensure maintenance and continuity of safe and timely CT operations within given parameters.
- Understand the effects of differential pressures on the performance of down-hole equipment, and carry out simple failure analysis.
- Witness and participate in pressure and other functional testing of CT equipment.
- Carry out simple and routine maintenance on the CT equipment including cleaning, toping oil and other fluids.
- Prepare equipment for the next job.
- Maintain vigil of equipment operating parameters and reports malfunction that requires immediate attention to Supervisor.
- Perform pre/post job Coiled Tubing equipment inspections. Responsible for safe crane and rigging operations during the delivery of services in accordance with Customer's design and departmental KPI's.
- Maintain clear and complete records of all activities performed at all times for inclusion in the job report package to the Supervisor.
- Follow up and document job safety analysis and ensures that job safety analysis is witnessed by the client safety representative.
- Carry out other similar or related duties such as rigging up and rigging down equipment at the beginning and completion of assignments, following up on operations in the absence of the Supervisor, etc.
- QHSE Responsibilities:
- Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company's Health, Safety and Environment Management System requirements.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations and applicable COMPANY QHSE Policies.
- Observe the Company's QHSE policy, procedures, regulations and objectives as they relate to his area of responsibility and ensure that they are effectively implemented in his domain.
- Participate in QHSE meetings, on site audits and inspections & ensure close out reports for all points closed
- Report any near-misses, incidents and accidents promptly.
- Ensure maintenance and availability of all safety equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary (12 years) education followed by 2 years' full time study leading to an Industrial Diploma complemented with short training courses related to coiled tubing operations.
- 3 years of hands-on experience in coiled tubing operation with a renowned international company.
- Excellent practical knowledge of coiled tubing operations. Must be able to independently carry out CT operations safely and precisely.
- Must have excellent HSE awareness with regard to oil/gas field hazards.
- Good computer knowledge.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.