Randstad Middle East Ltd - Saudi Arabia
Randstad MENA is seeking an experienced Saudi National for a Contract Specialist role on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
- The position of Contract Specialist is responsible for formulating and/or reviewing contracts, tender documents and bids evaluation reports. Work entails reviewing all works prepared by projects department before submission for approval. Work includes preparation of Bids Award Recommendations and submission of correspondence and reports to higher management. The work requires communications with project department. It includes ensuring conformity of formulated contracts with Saudi Arabian laws and regulations and Company's contracts policies and procedures.
- The work is project-orientated and will be working on a number of projects, all at various different stages, at any given time. To develop a thorough understanding of Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads negotiations of contracts and works hand-in-hand with other Department Heads (client stakeholders, Law, Audit, etc.) in securing quality supplier contracts.
- Ensure all final contracts are in compliance with approved contracting methodology and internal established policy and procedures.
- Works closely with Manager Category & Contracts Management in conducting final review bid packages for tender are comprehensive and meets all approved established guidelines and procedures.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a contract database and recommends improvements to contract templates.
- Ensures site visits are conducted with each contractor prior to bidding process to clarify bidders' issues with user department to ensure bidders have all necessary information to facilitate the preparation of bids/tenders.
- Negotiates with suppliers to draw up procurement contracts: Negotiates, administers, extends, terminates, and renegotiates contracts.
- Formulates and coordinates procurement proposals.
- Serves as the point of contact for internal and external customers on contractual matters by acting as contractual mediator between company employees, vendors, customers, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensures timely review and approval or negotiation and reconciliation of variations.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of all other terms and conditions.
- Researches, recommends, and creates contract policies, procedures, and contractual documents
- Directs and coordinates activities of workers engaged in formulating bid proposals.
- Evaluates or monitors contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Approves or rejects requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules.
- Arbitrates claims or complaints occurring in performance of contracts.
- Analyzes price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices.
- May serve as liaison officer to ensure fulfillment of obligations by contractors.
- Coordinates all translation and other such administrative support activities as required.
- Maintains communications on contract matters with all the concerned departments.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree (BA) or B.Sc. in Business Administration including Contracts Management, Law, Engineering or equivalent
- 4 - 6 years of related experience in contract administration within the Chemical, Petro-Chemical or Mining industry with hands-on work experience in a large scale process industry and production environment.