Fire Chief, Fire Captain, Training Fire
Randstad Middle East Ltd - Saudi Arabia
Randstad MENA is seeking an experienced Saudi National for Fire Chief position on behalf of a major client. This is a permanent staff position based in Saudi Arabia.
- The Fire Chief is a key leadership role in planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing the operations of Company's Emergency Response Team (ERT) and Preparedness Program. The position will include responsibility for development and implementation of emergency planning and response programs, review and analysis of potential Company risks as it relates to fire, Haz-Mat, rescue, spills and other emergencies, and conducting various training initiatives for the Emergency Response Team. Must exercise sound judgment and appropriate action in carrying out assignments in accordance with Company's policies, plans, and objectives. As the Fire Chief, they must demonstrate proven skills as an outstanding leader, communicator, and coach with extensive experience in progressively more responsible roles in Fire and Rescue Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs the role as the Company Fire Chief for all facilities
- Responds to and directs all emergency response activities in the refinery including fires and leaks, Haz-Mat incidents and oil spill responses
- Develops, trains, and supervises the Emergency Response Team (ERT)
- Provides and or supervises the required training for the ERT for fires, leaks, rescue and Haz-Mat incidents
- Supervises the maintenance of the Company's fire protection equipment:
- Supervises annual testing and maintenance of the emergency mobile apparatus and all associated equipment
- Supervises annual testing and maintenance of the Company's firewater system including pumps, piping, hydrants, monitor nozzles and deluge systems
- Supervises maintenance and annual testing of the fixed fire detection and suppression systems as recommended by the manufacturer
- Supervises the use of the firewater system
- Develops and maintains emergency plans:
- Updates and maintains the Company's Integrated Emergency Response Plan
- Updates annually and maintains Company's Emergency Action Plan
- Updates the ERT Policy and Organization Statement annually
- Conducts Emergency Response and Emergency Planning Training and Drills:
- Coordinates plans and conducts annual functional drill with local Fire Departments and other agencies as needed
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree from an accredited college or university completed.
- 15+ years of experience working in the fire protection within an industrial or manufacturing plant site environment. Six years+ in the position of Fire Captain or Training Captain.
- Completion of Fire Officers Training, Incident Command, Fire Service Management
- Completion of Hazardous Materials First Responder, CPR, Basic 1st Aid