Protection Design Engineer
Randstad Middle East Ltd - Saudi Arabia
Randstad MENA is seeking experienced professionals for a Protection Design Engineer role on behalf of a major client. This job will be based in Saudi Arabia.
The ideal candidate shall deliver a high level of technical expertise to the utility specializing in power system protection up to 110KV and provide guidance to the Protection Team in handling of protection related matters such as advanced system analysis, short circuit studies, protection design, system development, improvement of protection principles and practices within the organization.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Develop new protection schemes and application to deliver optimum security and dependability.
- Introduce and standardize protection design, technical specifications and scope of work or all types of protection systems
- Prepare and manage all documentation associated with specifications, standards, network code, protection philosophy and related equipment for the system.
- Review existing protection design & logic and deliver improvements in line with best industry protection practices.
- Provide high level expertise for sub-transmission and distribution protection including feeder, busbar, transformer, reactor, shunt capacitor and generator protection including distance and differential protection.
- Introduction and advanced application of new protection relays & fault record equipment
- Should have sound knowledge of power system theory including generation and EHV protection applications.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in protection design and protection engineering
- At least 6 years experience working within a world known power utility company in a similar role.
- Experience in protection engineering & study software like ASPEN, CAPE, Digsilent Power Factory, ETAP or CYME, Etc.
- Experience in Protection relays lifetime setting management software like Digsilent Station ware, IPS, ENOSERV, ADMO or PSC etc.
- Experience in sizing of CT / PT as per IEC standard 61869-2, 61869-3
- Experience in using relays application software like PCM-600, Digsi, micom S1 Agile, AcSELerator & Enervists, etc.
- Experience in protection schemes and their coordination and relay setting calculation for electrical utility system.
- Experience in protection relaying schemes of HV and MV power lines, MV feeders, power transformers, capacitor banks and busbars
Suitable candidates please send ASAP.