Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Amec Foster Wheeler - Saudi Arabia
Amec Foster Wheeler are currenlty recruiting for an Electrical Engineer with commissioning or FAT / SAT witness testing experience to be assigned to the Jazan Refinery in Saudi Arabia. Amec Foster Wheeler's scope of work is to produce an integrated Commissioning and Start-up (CSU) plan for the Jazan Refinery, Marine Terminal and IGCC facilities. The work is expected to run from January 2017 - December 2018
The ideal candidate will be:
- Familiar with all electrical distribution equipment, ranging from 132kV GIS down to 110Vdc UPS systems. Switch-gears / Transformers / building services etc
- Review pre-energisation documentation test procedures, and review (previously) signed off tests, potentially requesting further evidence of test completion from EPC engineers, or enhanced checks prior to allowing EPC / Client energisation authorisation
- Witness EPC's pre-commissioning of all distribution equipment prior to energisation. Engineer will witness functional checks of Circuit Breakers, Metering and Protection, Intertrips, and data gathering systems
- Pre-commission drives etc, Engineer may be invited to attend Large motor drive pre-commissioning activities, so should be familiar with Large Synchronous drives / VFD equipment
- Power management system/SCADA operation is to be verified by EPC's / Vendors, and Engineer is to be familiar with such systems, and the testing of same prior to energisation
- Review EPC pre-commissioning schedules in detail, advise potential disconnects, and be able to assist Client Engineering in facilitating open discussions to arrive at practical and timely solutions
- Due to compact timescale of Refinery Substation energisation, and multiple work areas at any one time, Engineer should have experience in management of several Engineers (max 4)
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in oil & gas industry
- Expertise in commissioning electrical systems
- English language proficiency
Amec Foster Wheeler (www.amecfw.com) designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets for its customers across the global energy and related sectors.
Employing around 36,000 people in more than 55 countries and with 2015 revenues of Ã‚Â£5.5 billion, the company operates across the oil and gas industry - from production through to refining, processing and distribution of derivative products - and in the mining, clean energy, power generation, pharma, environment and infrastructure markets.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers full life-cycle services to offshore and onshore oil and gas projects (conventional and unconventional, upstream, midstream and downstream) for greenfield, brownfield and asset support projects, plus leading refining technology.
Amec Foster Wheeler shares are publicly traded on the London Stock Exchange and its American Depositary Shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange. Both trade under the ticker AMFW.