Coastline & X-Mas Tree Company - Saudi Arabia
- Adhere to all; Saudi Aramco, D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
- Write drilling, testing, completing, and workover programs for vertical and horizontal oil and high pressure deep gas wells.
- Provide technical field support on all related jobs on the rigs.
- Provide technical advice and guidance for more efficient and cost effective onshore and offshore drilling and workover operations.
- Provide expert advice and assistance on operating problems relating to his area of expertise.
- Specify design criteria and relevant operating parameters for development of budget items (BIs) and/or new projects within his area of expertise.
- Participate in project technical reviews and reviews proposals for new or changed operating procedures on his area of expertise to ensure efficient and economic operations.
- Conduct economic studies on cost analysis as appropriate to resolve alternative causes of action relative to his area of expertise.
- Act as Task Force Leader as assigned to solve special problems in his area of expertise.
- Originate ideas for improvements, develop a basis for required field testing and Management review, analysis results and recommend new or changed procedures and/or facilities.
- Recommend, design, oversee suitable outside investigations to resolve problems which exceed current engineering knowledge in his specialty.
- Represent SAUDI ARAMCO in technical contracts with Shareholders and Saudi Arab Government (SAG) representative dealing with company procedures or proposed operations relative to his area of expertise.
- Make presentation to Executive Management to Shareholder Program Review or to various Shareholder Technical Meetings as appropriate.
- Represent SAUDI ARAMCO in dealings with manufactures, vendors, outside consultants, etc. within his area of expertise.
- Conduct seminars, prepare manuals and train and develop SAUDI ARAMCO engineers and operating personnel in his area of expertise.
- Participate in Technical societies and technical groups in his area of expertise; represent SAUDI ARAMCO on industry committees.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Unit Supervisor or Division Head to whom he reports.
- BS in Petroleum or Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of (5) year of experience in drilling engineering and operations.
- Have expertise in all phases of Drilling & Workover engineering, including but not limited to, drill string design, casing design, drilling fluids, cementing, fishing, wellheads, testing, and completion of vertical and horizontal oil and high pressure deep gas wells.
- Must possess strong analytical and computer skills, and have the ability to perform in depth technical studies related to Drilling and Workover operations.Typically will be active in related professional societies and will have achieved professional recognition through publications, committee activities etc. He will typically have received a higher level of industrial recognition, such as committee chairmanships appointment as "distinguisher lecturer" etc.
- Must be clearly recognized by both his supervisors and colleagues as thoroughly qualified and highly competent in his area of expertise. In addition, must be recognized by PE&D as an expert in his/her field. He must have demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly to work effectively with others, and to utilize his technical knowledge to achieve practical results. Supervisors and Aramco Management must have confidence in his judgment and recommendations. Additionally, because of prior contacts and/or industry recognition, Shareholder representatives, SAG personnel and other outside contacts should also recognize his technical expertise. He must be able to represent Aramco effectively in such contacts and command technical respect. Further, to wide recognition as an outstanding expert, must have repeatedly demonstrated his ability to employ his expertise effectively to achieve practical Saudi Aramco objectives.