Rig HSE Coordinator
Coastline & X-Mas Tree Company - Saudi Arabia
- Adhere to all; Saudi Aramco, D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
- Provides advice and consultation to department staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with HSE regulations, standards and practices.
- Implement the corporate HSE policy and monitors compliance. This includes the supervision of local surveys and sampling as well as the interpretation of measurement results.
- Stays current with all applicable HSE regulations, standards, procedures and guidelines as well as all SAUDI ARAMCO HSE programs.
- Responds to concerns and requests for information from concerned departments.
- Helps organize and participates in major HSE surveys such as all Safety/Environmental related surveys, inspections, and assessments.
- Reviews and comments on HSE aspects of contract documents.
- Provide needed support for the implementation of HSE programs.
- Attends major HSE meetings and other related courses and conferences.
- Enhances HSE awareness by organizing presentations and video sessions, distributing information, and setting a good example.
- Writes formal reports/delivers presentations.
- Coordinates ongoing HSE projects, such as : Safety Management System (SMS)/Environmental Management System (EMS) - related activities within the organization as appropriate, including the development of safety/environmental objectives and indicators, tracking of performance and costs, and record-keeping and reporting functions.
- Identifies and evaluates hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Conducts and coordinates on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices and provides advice and counsel concerning compliance with corporate safety regulations and procedures.
- Keeps management updated on non-compliant and significant environmental issues.
- Performs site and/or area HSE inspections of department facilities and operations.
- Applies risk management practices on drilling facilities.
- Prepares HSE orientations, safety training, and job site inspection procedures. Directs or assists in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conducts specialized HSE training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assists local management in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Reviews and analyzes injury, property damage, and statistical loss data and works with management to prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigation and prepare written reports for all incidents under his area of responsibility.
- Travel Out Of Kingdom (OOK) to complete pre-commencement audits and inspections of contractor rigs and facilities as directed.
- Travel Out Of Kingdom (OOK) to complete pre-qualification audits and inspections of contractor rigs and facilities as directed.
- Conduct work site safety management system audits to establish level of implementation.
BS degree or equivalent in HSE, industrial hygiene, environmental science, or in a related field is preferred from an accredited university.
Will have been employed in the drilling industry for a minimum of 5 years, concurrent experience in a safety / drilling role would be preferred, 5 years HSE experience in an alternate heavy industry will be accepted. Will have been employed in a safety role in an H2S environment for a minimum of 12 months.
Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applied industry, governmental and/or international standards;
International recognized Safety Professional qualification, for example; a) NVQ Level 3 in Health & Safety or equivalent. As a minimum NEBOSH certificate in general safety or equivalent.
Incident investigation / Root Cause Analysis Team Leader.
Preferably will be a "fall protection instructor" as a minimum will have received formal fall protection training.
Preferably will be a "confined space entry instructor" as a minimum will have received formal confined space entry training.
Will have undergone formal permit to work training.
Will have undergone formal lockout / tagout training.
Must have demonstrated knowledge of delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training. Must also have ability to assist with developing, implementing, and coordinating comprehensive health and safety programs.
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training, presentations/report writing). Ability to lead and direct teams and/or committees. Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Skilled in the standards, concepts, practices, and procedures within the health, safety and environmental fields. Ability to work at all levels within an organization and the ability to work in a diverse work group. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.