Coastline & X-Mas Tree Company - Saudi Arabia
- Adhere to all; Saudi Aramco, D&WO and international HSE standards, policies and administrative controls.
- Give work direction to rig mechanics and electricians to operate and maintain all mechanical and electrical systems on board a jack-up drilling rig.
- Report any mechanical or electrical problems to the rig foreman and coordinate with foreman and maintenance people to correct problems and avoid downtime.
- Maintain and operate the jacking system and ensure that equal leg load distribution is maintained at all times.
- Assist rig move master during rig moves, maintains proper ballast, operate jacking controls and monitor preloading operations and ensure that rig is stable and safe before rig operations commence.
- Perform load calculations to ensure that the rig is maintained in a stable condition at all times and advise the rig foreman if a possible overload condition could occur.
- Supervise loading and offloading of materials and equipment to ensure equal weight distribution of the barge.
- Ensure that proper and safe operating procedures for all machinery are followed.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment: supplies and spare parts on board and notify rig foreman of the need to reorder items.
- Ensure that all safety equipment on board is operational and that all personnel are familiar with the operation of this equipment and are trained to react in the event of a hydrocarbon release or fire and are familiar with life boat drills.
- Ensure that records and manuals relating to operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical systems are kept up to date.
- Ensure that cranes are operational and certificates are up to date and verify that crane operators are licensed and certified.
- Supervise deck crew performing all operations.
- Have a minimum of (2) years' experience as a barge engineer on a jack-up barge.
- Be fluent in spoken and written English.