The Operations Specialist is responsible for providing a range of operational consultancy services to ADIL’s clients including the management and delivery of high quality work within budget and schedule. They will support the ADIL business development manager in the region for business development initiatives and build relationships with clients to win future business.
The Operations Specialist will communicate articulately and persuasively, enjoy solving problems, and work well as part of a team and manage work by other people. The successful candidate will be a member of the asset O&M leadership roles as required.
- Co-ordinates and plans resource requirements, recruits and develops staff. Provides competence assurance for the tasks undertaken, is responsible for team performance and improvement as required.
- Provides effective communication at all levels ensuring that all interfaces is effectively being managed, including identifying and developing new offerings to clients and winning new business for ADIL including being supporting client O&M organizations. Strive for continuous improvement through knowledge sharing.
- Define and execute operational improvement plans
- Operational risk assessments, process safety reviews and incident investigations
- Production efficiency assessments and define improvements
- Operations input to projects, including readiness reviews
- Due diligence on potential acquisitions
- Management of the transition of asset ownership
- Liaise with other parts of the organization to help them achieve their targets and to seek their support in achieving the operations team’s targets
- Emergency response support team member and stand in for the Operations & Improvements Manager as required
- Application of client’s standards and local legislation, ensures adherence to Company processes and procedures where applicable
- Complies with, and ensures the implementation of, the Company Safety & Environment Policy. Demonstrates visible commitment to an excellent HSSE performance, including understanding of the Client and In-Country Standards. Commits to excellent Quality management, including the implementation of a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Client Standards
- Post-Secondary education in engineering in relation to field of expertise
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Arabic language will be preferred.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience of production operations, onshore and offshore, preferable gained through working for an oil major, operator or duty holder in a senior operational management position, for example as an OIM or onshore operations manager.
- The candidate will have experience of established Oil & Gas Practices and managing multi-disciplined organisations and engaging at senior leadership level. Must have knowledge of standard management processes and applications including commercial experience of managing and developing OPEX budgets for Oil & Gas Assets.
- Offshore work experience in the Middle-East preferred
ADIL, a Schlumberger company, provides market leading consultancy support to the oil and gas industry across all lifecycle stages—from exploration, through developments and production operations to decommissioning.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.