Aberdeen Appointment Agency - Qatar
Ongoing management of Framework Contractors within a Framework Service Area as well as all phases of procurement and contract administration to deliver on the requirements of DOM. The Contract Specialist will act as a central point of contact for Framework Service Area issues.
Lead and manage the contract administration function for the Framework Service Area.
Liaison with client legal and contract staff to resolve all contract issues and facilitate negotiation of client contract terms and conditions.
Organize and process correspondence with contracting parties, and monitors fulfillment of contractual obligations for Framework Service Area.
Maintain a central repository for all tender documents, variations, as well as contract related correspondence.
Assist with the negotiation, coordination and administration of Framework Service Area contracts.
Secure and monitor insurance and bond requirements. Manage the Work Order Selection Procedure to include:
Develop and maintain Framework Contractor Available Award Capacity
Develop and maintain Framework Contractor KPI Ratings
Develop a governance plan for each Framework Service Area
Review and approve Invitation to Quote as appropriate
Manage Invitation to Quote approval process as appropriate
Evaluate Price Estimates and Weighted Rankings
Select Framework Contractors to award Work Packages to
Manages Framework Contractor performance through Contract Administration
Lead proposed variations to the contracts.
Act as liaison between operations to provide Client contract management and guidance on resolution of contract issues.
Coordinate the closeout of Framework Contracts.
Ensure consultants to deliver on contractual requirements as relevant to procurement and contract administration activities.
Provide regular progress updates to Consultants and Client .Advise on best practice supply chain & procurement strategic framework, tools, processes and systems and develop recommendations to improve DOM efficiency and effectiveness going forward Develop transition plans for business change with the business functions and stakeholders, agreeing all change plans with the relevant MWH and client stakeholders.
- Graduation preferred in Quantity Surveying, Contract Management/Administration or CIPS qualifications, Civil Engineering or similar.
- Area of expertise: Construction, Engineering, Consultancy.
- Minimum 8 years previous experience is mandatory after graduation.
- Supervisory skills
- Report writing.
- Tender document experience.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills (with client and team).
- Self-motivated, team player, taking responsibility for self and team delivery to deadlines.
- Able to work at all levels with clients and management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Arabic and/or Spanish optional)