Head of Materials and Corrosion Engineer
Aberdeen Appointment Agency - Qatar
Primary Purpose of the Job
To lead and be responsible for the Materials & Corrosion Engineering technical input into the design, fabrication, construction, testing, installation and commissioning of the offshore facilities with focus on the successful execution of the project on time, within budget and in accordance with the agreed project requirements, specifications and standards.
Ensure that design integrity is maintained throughout fabrication through correct handling of site queries and proper application of QA/QC processes
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- B.Sc. in Metallurgy I Mechanical or relevant Engineering from a recognised University, higher degree would be advantageous.
- Membership of a recognised professional engineering association (or institution) is preferable.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in Materials & Corrosion Engineering design in Oil & Gas Industry with an Oil & Gas Company or Consultant/Contractor, of which at least 10 years should have been in offshore Oil & Gas processing projects.
- Of the 15 years' experience, a minimum of 8 years should have been as a Senior Materials & Corrosion Engineer in a major project and a minimum of5 years as Lead Materials & Corrosion Engineer in design of major projects in a reputable engineering consultant, EPIC Contractors or O&G Company.
- Fully familiar with Shell DEP's and other international design codes and standards.
- Fully familiar with Materials & Corrosion Engineering discipline software and design review.
- Familiar with all types of FEED and EPIC deliverables, equipment, design and construction progress reviews.
- Proven ability to manage Materials & Corrosion Engineering team in a major project environment.
- Fundamental knowledge to level of" proficient" or preferably level of "mastery" in Materials & Corrosion Engineering with added strength in the other disciplines to level of" developed" .
- Strong technical, planning, communication, reporting and leadership skills.