Divisional Fire Officer
Sofomation - Qatar
Job Title: Divisional Fire Officer
Job Location: Qatar
Client: oil and gas
Benefits: Benefits will be provided subject to performance and as per Company policy
Qualifications I Knowledge I Skills I Experience
- Graduate of The Institution of Fire Engineers or equivalent
- Diploma or equivalent in Fire Safety Management
- NEBOSH safety certificate or equivalent
- Preferably a minimum of 12 years experience in professional fire fighting, preferably in a Oil, Gas or Petrochemical industries
- Organise the activities of the Designated City Fire & Rescue Division. Supervise the management of the day-to-day activities of the personnel to ensure that the human resources are maintained in a state of operational readiness to immediately respond to emergencies through effective resource planning ensuring competence standards are met.
- In conjunction with the Emergency Response Coordinator and designated Area Fire Chief, define and implement contingency and emergency procedures for the protection of personnel and facilities. Continually monitor and evaluate fire management programmes and contribute in updating the fire safety programmes and procedures in liaison with the Fire Prevention Engineer/ Fire Safety Officer.
- Establish responsible area objectives, standards & procedures and KPI's to manage performance.
- Manage and maintain an effective system to enable reporting on the sectional operational activities to key management personnel. Evaluate effectiveness of programs through participant feedback, test instruments and reports from supervisory and managerialpersonnel.
- Review and test new equipment, apparatus and techniques to assess suitability for the department use and safety of personnel. Consult with other departments and agencies on mutually beneficial matters such as chemical identification, toxicity, training etc. Establish best value approach to equipment and procedures reflecting both National and International standards in order to improve the services in a safe and cost effective manner.
- In coordination with training and development section assist in the design and establishment of competency programs to meet the needs of the division. To ensure operational competence, audit the drills and exercises programmes, ensuring adequate fire fighting techniques, rescue methods and other related emergency response procedures comply with standard operating procedures and training plans.
- Establish and manage relationships with stakeholders to ensure a uniform approach to incident command practices and procedures are followed.
- Develop and implement Fire and Rescue emergency response procedures to ensure a disciplined, expedient and effective response to emergencies both inside and outside the designated area
- Supervise the management of the day-to-day activities of the station personnel to ensure that the physical resources are maintained in a state of operational readiness to immediately respond to emergencies through effective resource planning ensuring standard testing and maintenance programmes are carried out