Sr. Operations Engineer
Sofomation - Qatar
1. Manage the team of operations engineers who are responsible for well design, and well completion and thereafter the operational support for all offshore wells according to agreed polices, procedures and standards to achieve the Co's annual drilling objectives.
2. Collect data and prepare the key performance indicators for all wells drilled within sphere of responsibility and use the indicators to improve performance on a continuous basis.
3. Instil a high performance culture within the operations team by setting high standards and expectations for flawless execution.
4. Review and approve the drilling programmes prepared within the section to ensure they are technically correct, the optimum design has been selected and that they comply with Co's policies standards and procedures.
5. Contribute to the formulation of plans to achieve the offshore drilling objectives and ensure that the resource levels within the Operations Engineering (Drilling) section are adequate and maintained to accomplish the objectives.
6. Identify and mitigate risks in all offshore drilling operations through a systematic approach to hazard management with the objective to protect people, the environment and Co's assets and reputation.
7. Ensure that HSE considerations are fully addressed at the well design stage by using systematic risk and hazard management technique with the clear objective to eliminate all significant accidents.
8. Initiate change and champion "best practice" and new technology application to enhance well designs and operational performance to ensure fit for purpose wells at the lowest cost.
9. Work with counterparts in FD department to address well deliverability risks related to drilling (i.e. water production, well integrity issues, productivity impairment, etc.) including the identification of risk scenarios, development of preventative measures, and preparation of mitigation tactics.
10. Conduct staff performance reviews and rating of subordinates in accordance with the Co's process to obtain the maximum contribution from staff as well as identifying development and training needs.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Experience
BSc. Engineering Degree.
Experienced professional with at least 15 years experience in Drilling Operations including a minimum of 5 years as a Senior Operations Drilling Engineer and a significant period of well site experience.
Mastery in well design, tubular design, wellbore construction, drilling fluids, well control, and a good understanding of geology.
Demonstrated leadership and people management skills and a keen awareness for cultural sensitivity.
Fully conversant with and ability to use all Drilling Engineering Software within EDT (Engineers Desktop) including; Compass; Well Plan; Stress Check and Casing Seat.
Experience with hydrogen sulphide well designs and safety practices.
Knowledge of tendering and contracting procedures and practices.
Excellent verbal and written skills in English