Sofomation - Qatar
Primary purpose of job
- Handle the wokover activities on three onshore workover units.
- Ensure that all workover operations are conducted safely and efficiently and in accordance with the workover programme and Co's standards and procedures.
- Review all workover programmes and if necessary provide expert operational input to the workover programmes to ensure they are planned correctly and thereafter executed without any problems.
- Provide advice and support to the Drilling/Workover Supervisors (DSV's) and when necessary take the lead to resolve major problems. This will involve the detailed analysis of operational data and the coordination of input from other colleagues from drilling and subsurface disciplines as well as from contractor personnel. .
- In addition to substantial workover experience, the incumbent will also require a sound knowledge of drilling operations (at the Superintendent level) in order to stand-in for the Drilling Superintendent during periods of leave or other absence.
Experience & Skills
- An experienced professional with at least 20 years' experience in drilling operations including 5 years as a Drilling
- Superintendent and 5 years as a Drilling Supervisor and 5 years in Workover operations.
- Strong communication skills in English (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Commitment and passion for Managing HSE.
BSc (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline (Petroleum Engineering is preferred). IWCF Certified at Supervisor level.