Emirates Airlines Dnata - United Arab Emirates
To direct and control all departmental activities on shift, act as point of contact and plan the availability of resources / equipment ensuring consistency, safe on-time performance and alignment with SLAs, standard operating procedures, shift demand and regulatory, legal and safety requirements.
- Works with dOCC (dnata Operations Control Centre) Resource Allocators to plan and control manpower resources on shift to optimise utilisation and save costs in line with the standard operating procedures ensuring compliance with safety and service standards.
- Reviews the flight schedule and ensures that the resource plan is aligned to the work demand.
- Forecasts any operational issues and ensures the availability of resources in the case of manpower shortages or equipment breakdown/maintenance.
- Deploys resources based on the information provided from resource planning to ensure availability of resources for all flights/activities.
- Ensures that safety briefings are conducted regularly while intervening when there is risk exposure, role model safe behaviours and follows up on corrective actions.
- Guides and leads Department Team Leaders to deliver the required services as per the shift requirements.
- Discuss the shift challenges with the team and briefs on expectations and plan of action.
- Complies with all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
Acts as a role model for the desired safety behaviours and wears the appropriate PPE and ensures that work is conducted in a safe manner.
-Ensures safety of staff and that they have the skills, knowledge, and confidence to work safely by providing support, direction for the desired safety behaviors and leading with safety.
- Follows all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
- Communicates regularly with key stakeholders to provide them updates on department activities on shift.
- Coordinates regularly with other officers on shift to ensure that quality services, resources and safe on-time performance are provided.
- Contributes to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices, cost reduction and productivity improvement and feeds back to Department Management.
- Ensures that all identified problems and escalated issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Develops the shift report summarizing shift performance and highlighting any service shortfalls and recommends solutions and corrective action.
- Takes immediate action to rectify irregular operations in coordination with Flight Officer (where applicable), Service Delivery Managers and/or Manager dnata Operations through the deployment of resources on the shift for airside operations.
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelor's degree or Diploma in business administration / aviation / ground handling / customer service
Bachelor Degree: 4-6 years of experience in aviation/ ground handling/customer service
Diploma: 6-8 years of experience in aviation/ ground handling/customer service
UAE driving license (for airside based roles)
Preferably First Aid trained
Advanced understanding of airlines' customer service product (specific airport related requirements) and Industry regulations for the assigned work area
Advanced understanding of the aviation terminology
Advanced Customer Management Skills
Advanced Communication Skills
Advanced Safety Awareness Skills
Proficient Supervisory Skills
Proficient Planning and Organizing Skills
Proficient Writing Skills
Proficient IT and Computer Literacy Skills
Additional to Airside Transportation
Advanced understanding of the usage of AACS (Airport Activity Control System), and RTC (Real Time Control)