Senior Drilling Engineer
Anotech Energy - Qatar
ANOTECH Energy is a consulting and engineering company dedicated to the Oil and Gas industry. ANOTECH Energy has developed partnerships with the main actors of the Oil and Gas industry and Energy sector in general.
SCOPE OF WORK
As a Senior Drilling Engineer,Ã‚Â you will participate in all aspects of the company's well delivery process: design, plan, execute and review. This position will provide overall engineering support to operation and has overall responsibility for optimising well planning, costing and operations for several different types of oil and gas wells in all countries where the operator has drilling operations.
His responsibilities will include :
- Work with geo-scientists and reservoir engineers to define detailed objectives for all new drilling projects to be included in the well proposal.
- Prepare of ongoing drilling operations and of well proposal in liaise with Geosciences.
- Review offset wells and identifies risks and hazards, as well as best practices.
- Develop detailed well designs and perform casing stress calculations.
- Prepare comprehensive well programs including the drilling program, job programs, contingency plans for the well(s) for which they are responsible.
- Design wells (well interventions, well testing, completions and workover programs) and develops procedures to deliver optimum drilling performance (operational and well performance) and comply with the Drilling standards.
- Specify, select, order and accept all well drilling materials and services (well testing and completions materials) to meet Drilling standards.
- Monitor drilling operations and measure well performance
- Visit the drilling rig during critical operations.
- Assume responsibility for all well documentation including the follow-up and approbation of well end reports.
- Liaise with subcontractors, authorities and partners.
- Participation to technical presentations (IADC, SPE,...)
QUALIFICATIONS / BACKGROUND
- Relevant Engineering degree.
- Proven success in a Drilling Engineer role.
- Demonstrate competence in well design for drilling activities.
- Demonstrated competence in drilling well design.
- Knowledge of pore pressure and fracture gradient prediction.
- Ability to fluently write and speak English.
StartÃ‚Â : ASAP