Managers and Supervisors of all Engineering / Design disciplines, Project Managers, Project Engineers, and Project Management Teams; Offshore Managers, Planning Managers, Yard Superintendent, Proposals Department, Procurement Department, Safety Department, HR Department, QC and Certification Group, External McDermott Offices, Client Representatives, Vendor & Subcontractor Representatives.
- Provide leadership to managers and professional staff within the Al Khober engineering office.
- Accountable for the performance and results of multiple disciplines within a department.
- Apply managerial expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Resolve a variety of complex problems that have implications within area of responsibility.
- Develop operational plans to achieve business objectives.
- Influence customer and/or organizational leadership to achieve operational objectives.
- Provide leadership in training of Saudi National technical staff
- Provide leadership in assurance of quality and safety in delivered engineering
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the performance of Discipline Managers through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching.
- Provide leadership for the recruitment and career development of Saudi National engineers
- Contribute to functional strategy development.
- Propose scope splits between MDR Engineering offices and/or subcontractors (as applicable) at bid stage and at award.
- Facilitate discussions between engineering disciplines, and with Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Teams to ensure best-for-MDR schedules and execution plans within agreed budgets.
- Attend project kickoff and review meetings, vendor meetings, and engineering meetings, as required.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of quality and safety to reduce or eliminate cost of non-quality and safety incidents
- Provide leadership in transference of lessons learned to engineering staff
- Interface with peers and Global Engineering.
- Foster teamwork of regional or functional managers.
- Provide and direct bid assistance.
- Ensure availability and allocate discipline manpower resources as required to provide agreed deliverables and meet agreed schedules and budgets.