Construction Steel Structure Supervisor
Petroplan London - United Arab Emirates
Great opportunity to join a leading Oil & Gas Company as Construction Steel Structure Supervisor. Role will be based in UAE on a contract basis and will be a 90/15 rotation. The successful candidate will be directing Subcontractor activities for Steel structures (Central Process Plant, CPP), ensuring that Plant Construction works are performed according to the erection schedules and Project documents.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Prior to the start of works, to check the Supplier's material and technical documentation delivery schedule. Check that the same is in line with Construction schedules and contractual commitments;
* Prior to the start of works, control and approve the Method Statements submitted by the Subcontractors, ensuring their correct application on the field;
* Ensuring the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for the areas or activities (subcontractors) of responsibilities;
* Directly participating to the HSE activities at site as defined for his position in the Site HSE plan and related procedures
* Checking that the said schedule is kept to and promoting action to recover any delay;
* Checking that the equipment and manpower employed by the Subcontractor are adequate and that the works performed by the Subcontractor conform to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality level fixed by the same;
* Performing inspections and signing the necessary certificates as per Site Inspection Plans;
* Preparing the non-conformity register for each Subcontractor and co-ordinating nonconformity resolution;
* Detecting any design errors, and where possible rectifying the same or requesting the Site Engineer to make the necessary changes;
* Checking Subcontractors' work progress status sheets and signing the same for approval;
* Managing vendor specialists;
* Assisting the Contract Manager/Engineer in defining new prices, in preparing amendments to subcontracts and in analysing and discussing claims.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Suitable University Degree
* At least five (5) year experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas projects (gas pipelines beneficial)
* Fluent English
* Excellent IT and analytical skills
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
* Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills
Ref. No: HQ00027734
Petroplan is a global organisation which specialises in connecting skilled professionals with exceptional contract and permanent career opportunities throughout the oil, gas and energy industry. This has been our focus since Petroplan was formed in 1976.
Our company aim isn't to be the largest industry recruitment specialist but rather the best. As such, our recruitment services, contractor management and specialised support is tailored to meet the individual needs of candidates, contractors and clients. Petroplan's local offices across Europe, the Middle East, North America, Asia-Pacific, Africa and Australasia support projects throughout forty countries. Our client portfolio includes multi-national companies, together with niche organisations focusing on a specialist discipline or location.
For more information please feel free to visit our website http://petroplan.com