etihad airways - United Arab Emirates
· Manage general ledger maintenance to ensure it is compliant with accounting principles, policies and standards
· Manage the accounting processes execution to ensure compliance with accounting principles, policies and standards
· Monitor and review accounting records to ensure their completeness and adherence to policies and procedures
· Manage reconciliation of decentralized accounting activities to ensure the consistency and completeness of financial data
· Analyse and solve complex issues to ensure they are managed on time and in adherence to accounting principles
· Develop the management reports to ensure relevant information are provided in a timely and effective manner
· Supervise and direct the work of multiple teams by ensuring the timely and accurate execution of all assigned tasks in compliance with internal procedures and regulations
· Liaise with relevant external stakeholders (e.g. governmental bodies and authorities, suppliers) to ensure a timely and accurate communication and preparation of all mandatory regulatory reports
· Guide, coach and support the team to ensure high quality of activities is achieved
· Assist in the developing policies, processes and procedures to ensure operations compliance to international standards and regulations
· Plan and execute knowledge exchange sessions to ensure the continuous development of the team skills
· Manage, verify and finalize transactions and transfers, to ensure accuracy and timely execution
· Update the department manual by creating process maps, procedures and other business relevant documentations as needed to ensure the smooth functioning of the department
· Monitor timely response of queries to ensure they are managed within agreed SLA and all answers meets the quality
· Policies and Procedures - Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
· Day-to-Day Operations - Supervise standard and complex day-to-day operations to ensure that work processes are implemented as designed and in compliance with established standards and procedures
· Safety, Quality & Environment - Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· Minimum Bachelor Degree in (Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration).
· ACCA, CPA, CA, CFA or relevant professional certificate is a must.
· Experience with Big 4 companies is preferred.
· Candidate must have Advanced Excel skills.
· Minimum of 3 years experience in relevant field.
· Knowledge of main ERP systems (Oracle, SAP) is preferred
· Costing & Budgeting Skills - Excellent
· Numerical Skills - Excellent
· People Development Skills - Advanced
· Planning & Organizing skills - Excellent
· Project Management Skills - Advanced