- About us, purpose, experience and qualifications
about usHelpful Effective Ethical Innovative Accountable and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
purposeTo plan, build and implement innovative quantitative analytic methodologies, procedures, products and models within a broad framework in order to enhance and inform strategic decisions in FNB. To provide analytical support and interpret insights to address business opportunities and problems. May lead a team of Quantitative Analysts and provide input in the development of quantitative frameworks and standards. Develops core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification - B Degree Maths, Stats, Engineering, Computer Science, Econometrics, Physics or Actuarial Science
- Preferred Qualification - Honours Degree
- Experience - 4 to 6 years’ Experience
additional requirementsIf buzzwords like machine learning and artificial intelligence intrigues you, but you understand that this is not something that can be applied in each and every financial model, you might be the right person. Would like to see some examples of where you were able to use and implement out of the box thinking within a modelling environment that resulted in business benefit.
- Prevent wastage, and on an ongoing basis identify process improvements in order to contain and reduce costs
- Manage people by executing management responsibilities and create an environment that encourages employee growth and performance excellence
- Develop, encourage and nurture collaborative relationships within FNB and/or across the FRG
- Provide assistance, guidance and mentorship to junior Quantitative Analysts
- Continuously refine and enhance models to facilitate decision-making
- Ensure compliance to legislative and audit requirements and adherence to relevant processes
- Build working relationships across teams and functional lines in order to enhance work delivery, collaboration and innovation
- Drive customer service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards and in support of operational objectives
- Participates in planned activities that are appropriate for own and employee development
- Enable an inclusive culture that upholds FNB's diversity and transformation guiding principles
- Assist in creating a framework for functional strategy
- Engage in creative thinking and innovation by designing and implementing new or cutting-edge solutions, models or processes
- Manage the entire model value chain
- Influence creative business solutions, optimise processes and inform strategic decisions through innovative statistical modelling and data analysis
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.