Core Operations Engineer
vodafone - Qatar
The PS Core operations Engineer is responsible for 24/7 Operations, Support and Configuration of the PS Core network elements in Vodafone Qatar network. He will provide Level 2 support for customer complaints and carry out incident/problem management activities. The PS Core engineer will also be responsible for validating, implementing and testing network configurations within the defined OLA / SLA.
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership:
• Fault management, analysis and investigation
• Preventive maintenance and support
• Performance management
• Configuration management , implementation and testing
• Escalation and stakeholder management
Key Performance Indicators:
• PS Core network SLA/KPI performance
• System integration covering all access technologies.
• Root cause analysis and identification of solutions to problems
Core Competencies, Knowledge and Experience:
• 5 years' experience supporting and configuring PS core network with triple access technologies 2G/3G/4G, especially Cisco ASR5K product line.
• Technical knowledge in PS Core Networks architectures and protocols
• Experience in UNIX/LINUX System administration
• Experience in system integration and testing.
• Proven track record for learning new technologies, as this role may be extended to VAS and/or IMS domainMust Have Technical / Professional Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in information technology, telecommunications or equivalent.