VAS and Bulk SMS Specialist
vodafone - Qatar
This will be an Individual Contributor Role and will require at least 5 years' experience working with SMS providers/aggregates across the globe. The incumbent should be thorough familiar with the nuances of SMS aggregation business and enterprise value added and content service, the way routes are managed, the major SMS players in the region , cost and performance trade-off issues, familiar acquisition of Long code and Short code and Pricing strategies with both aggregates , banks ,governmental entities and SME/SOHO.
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership :
1. Evaluate and Test performance of SMS Platform.
2. Manage the messaging platform supplier .
3. Provide VAS products service for sales.
4. Build and manage the products as solution provider across all Enterprise segments
5. Drive contracts for best cost, performance and support from 3PV (3rd party vendors) globally.
6. Provide support for content agreement for enterprise RBT and IPTV
7. Manage USSD for business with enterprise customers like QNB.
8. Develop internal tools and test systems for enabling the above
Key Performance Indicators :
• Revenue targets for bulk SMS
• Content diversity and delivery for IPTV and RBT
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Telecom / fixed background
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• 8-12 years of industry related experience in bulk SMS and content product management with good strategic sales and marketing skills in telecoms sector
2.Proven experience in:
• Understanding customer needs and translating this into successful new products
• Building business relationships with content aggregators and bulk SMS providers
• Able to manage forecasting and budgets together with an understanding of product profitability measures
• Good project management skills and able to work across teams and to manage deadlines within a range of conflicting priorities
• Considerable ability to persuade and influence and maintain positive and effective relationships across the organisation
• Excellent communications skills and a high level of IT literacy
• Excellent communicator who is committed to Vodafone code of ethics
• Good problem solving and creative thinking skills
• Evidence of Continuing Professional Development.