Job descriptionWould you like to contribute to the development and realization of the Bachelor’s and Master’s programs offered by the Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences? Are you able to work and lead effectively in a complex and fast-changing environment? And can you translate ideas about educational innovation into results? If so, you can help to shape our educational programs and to ensure that they are put into practice optimally. The Head of Education & Student Affairs (ESA) reports to the Managing Director of the Department of Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences for departmental matters and to the Director of ESA for TU/e matters in scope of Bachelor College, Graduate School and TU/e-ESA Policy.
As Manager ESA at IE&IS, you are responsible for providing support in the areas of administrative and logistic services to keep them compliant with applicable regulations and standards of quality, harvesting required data for assessments of IE&IS`s curricula and education performance. You are part of the Educational Board of the Department of IE&IS and also member of the TU/e ESA organization and community. Together with the Director of ESA and your fellow leaders of ESA in the other departments, you are responsible for improving the educational support processes at TU/e. As such you are responsible for connecting and supporting the policymaking processes at departmental and institutional level. Tasks and responsibilities As Manager ESA, you are the first point of contact for educational support in the IE&IS department.
- You are responsible for the organizational aspects of all IE&IS bachelor’s and (pre)master’s programs in the Bachelor College and Graduate School, in consultation with the IE&IS Director of Education;
- You manage the team of education support staff of the department (coordination, policy, teacher support, quality assurance, academic advisors, and secretary) and are the operational manager for the staff of the student administration, international office, and communication services;
- You are part of the Educational Board of the IE&IS Department and of the managers ESA (MESA);
- You act as sparring partner for the Director of Education via the Educational Board IE&IS and advise the department board, department council, education council and exam committee on organization related education subjects;
- You are responsible for feasibility testing and execution of educational policy within the department. You coordinate the formulation of assessment policy, year reports, accreditation, and education and examination regulations;
- You manage a TU/e-ESA process chain;
As Manager ESA at IE&IS you are dealing with interactions and requirements of the department on one hand and university-wide requirements on the other; you need to connect with the department as well as with TU/e-ESA. Thus you will take responsibilities in both areas of interest and will report to the managing director of the department IE&IS and to the director of TU/e-ESA. To support the latter, you are for 0.1 fte dedicated to TU/e-ESA tasks that will be executed under the responsibility of the Director ESA.
Job requirementsYou have affinity with Industrial Engineering & Innovation Sciences education and educational innovation projects. You work at an academic level (MSc), preferably hold a PhD, and have at least 5 years of relevant working experience. Next to that, you have excellent management skills, strong communication skills in Dutch and English, a clear focus on your working environment, a result-oriented approach and a clear ability to lead and motivate those around you. You are customer-oriented, a team player, and you have the ability to work independently. Furthermore, you have a helicopter view and you know how to set and follow-up on priorities. Negotiating skills, effectiveness, organizational awareness, and problem solving ability are also important aspects of the complex field in which you operate.
Conditions of employmentWe offer you:
- A challenging job (1.0 fte/0.8 fte) in a dynamic department and in strong connection with TU/e-ESA.
- Temporary appointment for a period of one year with the prospect of a permanent contract of employment.
- The salary will depend on your education, knowledge and experience, and will be a minimum of € 5.039.- and a maximum of € 6.133.- gross per month on a fulltime basis (scale 13 CAO [collective labor agreement] for the Dutch Universities).
- Additionally, an annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8,3% of the annual salary;
- An attractive package of fringe benefits, including excellent work facilities, training and personal development facilities, on-campus day care for children, and excellent sports facilities. The conditions of employment selection model offers you flexibility, for example in relation to working hours and leave.
- Depending on resume and work experience a contract via EuFlex (the TU/e secondment organization) can be considered.
Information and applicationFor further information
- For more information about this vacancy, please contact dr.ir. E. van der Geer-Rutten-Rijswijk (tel.: 040 – 247 2465, e-mail: E.v.d.Geer[at]tue.nl)
- Further information about the selection procedure or the employment conditions can be obtained from: Kim van Puijenbroek, HR Advisor IE&IS, (pz.ieis[at]tue.nl).
Internal candidates will have priority in the selection procedure. Applications for this position are open until October 15.
A selection assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Improve your chance to get this job. Do an online course on Teaching and Education starting now.
Professional Diploma in Teaching Alpha AcademyAED 54
AED 1,175Duration: Upto 3 Days
TESOL (TEFL) Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages International Open AcademyAED 116
AED 2,256Duration: 120 Hours
Special Education Needs (SEN) Harley OxfordAED 312
AED 944Duration: Upto 20 Hours