Important datesClosing date of applications 12 September 2019 Start date 1 October 2019
Job detailsSubject Librarianship Role Librarian Level Ages 4-18 / Whole School Curriculum English National Positions available 1 Contract type Permanent Vacancy type Full Time
Salary Admin Scale 14 ED
Requirements1 or more years experience
Related downloadsFull job description (.docx format)
We are seeking to appoint a Library Manager who will oversee and manage the organisation and operation of the school libraries. Supervising two other Librarians, the Library Manager will be responsible for the efficient, reliable and well-functioning learning resource facility for all users; assist users in the use of equipment and/or services provided by the libraries and acquire, organise and provide access to a wide range of library resources to all members of the school community. We are specifically looking for an experienced Librarian who will develop and promote the school libraries including support all learning needs and personal interests, development of enjoyment of reading, knowledge building and curiosity.
The role includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Manage the school libraries, budget, staffing and electronic and hard copy resources, including the creation, implementation and review regularly the school library policy which supports the schools Mission Statement
- Liaise with all academic departments to make sure the libraries provide curricular support to teachers and ensure appropriate access to learning resources, including support for literacy, reader development initiatives, activities and games within the school
- Acquire current, relevant and appropriate resources for the school library which includes keeping up to date with newly released publications and anticipating and seeking out the needs of the users
- Monitor student use of the Library during class hours and lunch break
- Perform duties such as issuing, returning and renewing books, shelving, processing, maintaining book order on the shelves, maintaining records of late books/ lost books/ fines, mending damaged books and conducting periodic stock check including weeding old resources
- Promote the use of the Library and reading through visiting authors, displays and by providing advisory and information services to all users
- Instruct all users of the Library in the use of the current library software and to assist them in finding information using this resource
- Develop and maintain constructive and co-operative relationships with colleagues and students
- Train and direct parent and student volunteers
- Respond to complaints, taking action as necessary
- Prepare and implement a strategic plan for the library
- Have responsibility for the health and safety of the students in the library at all times between 07:30 and 16:00
- Support staff members and ensure that the library is available for use and well organized.
(Please note: As this is a non-teacher position, and in order to use our application tracking system (InTeachers), you will need to register yourself as a qualified teacher to complete the application form).
To apply, please follow the link and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 12th September 2019
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa
How to apply for a position at BISRPlease provide a supporting statement and please bear in mind the following guidance:
- Explain why you are applying for this position. Is because of push or pull factors?. Please identify the single most significant reason for making the application.
- Explain in what ways your expertise and experience makes you a strong candidate for this role. What have you done professionally up to this point in your life which makes you special?
- How do you think you would be able to support our Mission and REACH motto?
- Describe a good lesson you delivered recently, and explain why you think it was good and how it exemplified your own definition of quality learning (Teachers Only).
- Do you think a school can be British and International? How do you think this is achieved?
- What do you want to be doing in five years time, and if appointed to a post at BISR, how do you think we can help you develop professionally?
We very much look forward to receiving you application.
Teachers who work at BISR should haveQualifications
- Qualified Teacher status;
- Certificate of Education, First degree or equivalent;
- Training or qualification relevant to the post.
- An appreciation of the demands of a British school in an international context ;and an acceptance that contribution to the extra-curricular life of the school is essential. Teachers contribute to the success of the House system;
- An appreciation of the importance of international understanding;
- Experience of working in various contexts both in the UK and internationally.
- Experience of teaching within Key Stage or subject;
- Willingness to work closely with colleagues in preparing for teaching and learning;
- Experience of positive behaviour management strategies;
- Experience of planning for children with Special Educational Needs and Gifted and Talented children;
- Experience of curriculum development, monitoring and assessment;
- Experience of working with second language students or prepared to undertake training.
- A detailed knowledge of the English national curriculum;
- Ability to organise a stimulating learning environment and demonstrate excellent creative teaching skills;
- Good organisation of recording and evaluating progress;
- Show good communication skills when working with pupils, parents and colleagues;
- Effective skills in managing and organising own time and directing deployment of teaching assistants;
- Good ICT skills to be effective in your job;
- An understanding of Assessment for Learning Strategies and use of this to inform future planning;
- The desire to develop knowledge of the curriculum above and below the preferred key stage;
- Warmth and sense of humour;
- Team player;
- Commitment to continuing professional development;
- Willingness to be involved in extra curricular activities and events and engage in all aspects of school life;
- High expectations of yourself and of children;
- First class communication skills;
- Empathy with pupils, colleagues, parents and visitors;
- You must be a glass half-full person!
- Ability to promote equal opportunities with respect to race, gender and disability
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
International School of The Hague
Combined Business and Accounting Basics Diploma New Skills AcademyUSD 24
USD 299Duration: Upto 22 Hours
GBP 187Duration: Upto 22 Hours
INR 7,001Duration: 1 To 2 Months