QR21963 - Technical Project Manager - Boeing (Only for Qatari Nationals) | Qatar Airways | Seattle - USA
From experienced pilots to dynamic professionals embarking on new careers, Qatar Airways is searching for talented individuals to join our award-winning team.
We take pride in our people—a dynamic and culturally diverse workforce is essential to why we are one of the finest and fastest growing airlines in the world.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
You will be the onsite focal promoting Qatar Airways expectations in respect of product Quality, reliability and durability during the development phase including up to the production phase of the B777X program. You will support the Aircraft Programs Section during the aircraft development and our specification definition phase by means of rendering assistance during first article reviews as an example advising and making recommendations based on years of maintenance, in-service operational, previous program liaison and the current production oversight experience. You will internally liaise between Boeing program and internal Departments subjects experts on a requested basis to support the timely resolution to concerns been raised.
Key Accountabilities include: Strategic
- To provide advice and make recommendations to Aircraft Programs to enable the selection of aircraft systems including BFE, SFE, IFE based on passed heavy maintenance and in-service operational experience during the design test and certification phase of the B777X aircraft Program.
- Provide technical recommendations which will influence contractual content which shall enhance the airline position.
- Representing and overseeing a multi-billion$ contract portfolio of 60 plus - B777X aircraft acquired by QR from the Boeing Company for leading the optimization of fleet configuration based stakeholders input.
- Recommend the introduction of new functionalities in B777X to ease operational requirements, such as on-board direct accessible documentation, making it leaner and also bringing in-line with global environmental (paperless - future demands) requirements.
- Promote culture mind-set change in BCA production manufacturing cycle / process to Improve overall product quality during building and to ensure QR expectations are been met.
- Escalate 7X design development features / systems deemed impractical / cumbersome in respect of aircraft operation / maintainability to SNR leadership for their elevating and decision making.
- Provide Senior Management with B777X project status report and emphasize company project risks when no adequate actions are initiated.
- Research and analyse new aviation TRENDS which can assist QR in to improve and extend the company's 5 star brand image. To ensure that Qatar Airways takes delivery of a truly safe, mature and reliably product.
- Review future BCA engineering design features and advice and consult with QR engineering subject experts on any imperfections / deficiencies noted.
- Address QTR concerns to the BCA responsible staff and request defined timelines for suitable resolutions.
- Be the technical QR focal onsite in SEA interacting / liaising between Boeing subject experts and Qatar Airways assigned subject experts to support communication for seeking raised problem resolutions which were raised by QR subject experts.
- Closely follow the design, production/build and assembly of B777X test aircrafts, with focusing on quality, durability and customer maintainability and to surpass the existing 8777 servicing handling methods. (Accessibility, servicing).
- Provide regular update project 7X status reports to QR senior management on 7X test data, alerting the internal QR subject experts on specific system deficiencies or items of concerns.
- Review & Filter MEDIA articles / content of ongoing B777X project development which could have impact on the airliner.
- Being on-side at BCA-OEM plant provides a more 7X project progress detail monitoring capability then off-side, communication-lines are shorter and direct between QR and BCA key holders.
- Physical presence at BCA-OEM site and facility, provides enhanced communication capabilities plus having the possibility for creating a fair-play ground between OEM and QR through direct F2F contact business relationship which can solve ongoing topics more easily and in a professional manner thru mutual trust-building.
- Work closely with the Production Oversight team during initial build/assembly phase of first Qatar Airways acquired B777X aircraft advising and making recommendation based on experience gained and lessons learned during the initial design and build assembly phase of BCA test aircrafts.
To be successful in this role, you must hold relevant college or university qualification to minimum bachelor’s level. We prefer candidates with Credited apprenticeship, Aircraft Maintenance License, Aircraft types rated approvals, EASA license. Also preferred experience in Base and line maintenance, Maintenance fleet Operational Control Centre supportive activities, supervising aircraft production experiences. You should have minimum 15 years of job related experience.
You should have good understanding of aircraft manufacturing, aircraft production and delivery process and knowledgeable in QCAA, EASA, ICAO and FAA regulations. You should have good Proficiency with MS Office tools with excellent English language oral communication & report-writing skills. You should have good leadership capability with strong mentoring and coaching skills and the ability to foster teamwork among team members.
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Project Management Professional (PMP)® Diploma Alpha AcademyGBP 12
GBP 264Duration: Upto 7 Hours
Agile and Scrum Knowledgehut SolutionsUSD 130Duration: 180 Days
IASSC Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Global EdulinkGBP 35
GBP 434Duration: Upto 80 Hours