The incumbent needs to offer flexibility and adaptability to be open for the role to be reshaped with how the region develops.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
The jobholder’s primary accountabilities include the followings:
- Create an agile procurement structure that fits best with the business requirement in MEET region.
- Develop a high performing team that will support the current business needs and growth in the region.
- Implement Global procurement processes (supported by EMEA procurement team) where applicable and create any additional processes and /or systems where necessary to meet regional requirements.
- Drive Process Standardisation across the region and take initiatives to eliminate waste by automating or digitalising the process where applicable.
- Deliver year on year cost reduction and beat inflation costs that contributes to the regional EBIDTA target.
- Minimise supply risks by proactively identify high risk suppliers and deploying a risk mitigation plan.
- Work closely with the EMEA procurement team to support implementation of any Global or Category strategies where leverage will enhance MEET region.
- Raise procurement’s profile with the organisation by effectively communicating with stakeholders and sharing successes stories.
- Manage change and resolve all internal conflicts that might arise with the implementation of a new and better way of working.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to team members to improve performance, personal growth and career opportunities.
- Drive supplier relation management initiatives with critical suppliers to extract the best value through partnership and driving supplier innovation.
- Lead due diligence of procurement related activities to understand processes, synergies before an acquisition. Strategies and lead the integration for any new acquisition and merge the procurement processes of the acquired company with Air Products.
- Implement/introduce procurement processes aligned with exiting global processes that synchronizes with the local business practices and requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain, MBA preferred.
- 10 years of work experience in Procurement.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal direction, and good analytical skills.
- Demonstrate prioritization, planning, and follow-up skills in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Capable of handling detailed and complex contract negotiations.
- Experience in leading and developing sourcing strategies, understanding commercial and legal purchasing terms and conditions.
- Able to freely travel within Middle East and occasionally outside the region.
- Experience in buying all or some of the services or material related to logistics, capital equipment, process instruments, facility management, marketing will be desirable but not essential.
- Language English, Arabic will be advantageous.
- Working towards or Qualified CIPS.
Communicates with respect and honesty.
Approaches work – individually and in teams – with optimism and a solutions oriented mindset.
Continually searches for ways to meet or exceed expectations in a way that creates value that customers are willing to pay for.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AIR PRODUCTS VALUES
All Air Products divisions are committed to the effective use of the AP Values. It is important that all employees understand and utilize these values when performing the duties of his/her position.
Quality encompasses all aspects of AP’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and through designed channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.