at TOTAL in
Accountant Full time at TOTAL in Qatar
Job highlightsPosted on March 5, 2014
Fluent English is a Must
Job Reference No. TEPQ/FI/2013 /001
Position Reports to: Senior Accountant
Starting Date: As soon as possible
• Knowledge of Company HSE policy, rules and procedures (HSE MS) and in particular ISO14001 standard.
• Observance of the company HSE policy, rules and procedures.
• Participation to HSE activities and global improvement (e.g. referential, reporting, REX, audits, Maestro, trainings, HSE
• Contribute to the ALK Asset Integrity initiative by reporting any anomaly, defect, bad practice, lack of equipment, lack of competence that could result in a major HSE incident or loss of production.
• Contribute to the data management initiative with specific attention given to improving the handling of sensitive
reservoir engineering & monitoring data.
• Analyse and follow-up on invoices in IMP workflow.
• Post invoices in IMP after due verification especially for the taxation matters.
• Manages vendor accounts -verification of vendor's statement of accounts, answer to their queries, prepare memos/letters in case of disputes.
• Clears GR/IR - Monitor and clear GR/IR accounts as per guidelines on a regular basis.
• Advance accounts - Timely clearance of advance accounts by charging to cost.
• Participates to monthly/year end closure, is in charge to post accruals.
• Prepares various SOX Control documents.
• Runs various BW reports necessary for KPI updates.
• Replaces/ backs-up the Head of Accounting in his absence.
• Monitor WHT deductions on vendor invoices; make sure that the withheld amount is paid to the Tax Authorities in due course.
• Education: Degree in accounting
• Professional experience: 2 year practical experience.
• Technical competencies: Knowledge of SAP to be developed; pack office (word, excel)
• Behavioural competencies: Organised, rigorous, good time management, able to meet deadlines, , committed to work, available t o work overtime / at weekend if need be, good team spirit, maintains good relationships with other entities, good communication skills
• Other competencies: Good command of English.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.
Accounting Diploma Brentwood Open Learning CollegeQAR 289
QAR 2,698Duration: 1 To 260 Hours
HR, Bookkeeping and Payroll Management Diploma Alpha AcademyQAR 73
QAR 1,165Duration: Upto 1 Day
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Part 2 Inspire Training CenterQAR 4,519
QAR 5,720Duration: 104 Hours Live virtual classroom
Financial Modeling Expert by Using Excel Inspire Training CenterQAR 2,971
QAR 3,714Duration: 40 Hours Live virtual classroom