at Regional Center for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in
Job highlightsPosted on June 19, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle bookkeeping and day-to-day financial transactions; insert the transactions in the IT system(s).
- Provide regular financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends when required.
- Handle cash box accounts for each donor and record their transactions in the system.
- Handle bank transactions (transfers, cash withdrawal, currency exchange)
- Design forecasts predicting the future and current financial obligations.
- Follow up on payments schedule (AP) with contractors and service providers
- Verify that invoices have been approved and paid according to the approval matrix.
- Prepare & assist in financial reporting.
- Assist in coordinating internal and external audits and report to the ED
- Assist the finance manager in developing plans and budgets.
- Perform other relevant tasks as required
Requirements and Competencies
- Degree in accounting, finance or relevant discipline
- 4+ years of professional experience within the development and not-for-profit sector, preferably in a similar organization
- Experience in bank relations
- Strong Accounting and Financial Reporting Skills
- Commitment to Confidentiality, presentation, Communications and Time Management skills
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Fluency in Arabic and English, both oral and written
- Flexibility to adopt new challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work within an international team and stressful environment
General Terms and Conditions
The Candidate is required to work from RCREEE's Cairo office.
Tenure of Appointment
The initial appointment is for a duration of 12 months including a 3-month probation period
Contract renewal will be subject to performance, needs and availability of funds.
RCREEE is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Emails without subject line will be automatically discarded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.