Conventional Power Manager
at Sofomation Energy in
Conventional Power Manager Full time at Sofomation Energy in Doha, Qatar
Job highlightsPosted on February 5, 2014
Fluent English is a Must
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• B.Sc in electrical Engineering preferably with graduate degree in Business / Economics.
• 15 years+ possesses experience and conventional power project and plant, asset management
• Excellent experience in conventional Power Technology
• Good knowledge of business and management principle
• Good knowledge if basic economic and accounting principle
• Possesses Strong analytical capability
• Good communication & negotiation skills.
Primary Purpose of the Job
The main function of the conventional power manager is to technically evaluate conventional power project opportunities according to strict deadlines within budget. Conventional power manager shall define the project objectives and administer quality control throughout the project life cycle.
Improve productivities and maximize return on investment by exploring opportunities for improvement by refining the operational of assets
• Manage the technical appraisals process for potential investment business including technical analysis. Present the technical appraisals to the technical manager for this approval
• Develop and manage technical expertise in care of project/asset technical valuation and risk analysis
• Monitor of projects execution during detail design, procurement, construction and commissioning
• Evaluate the design concept with regard to functionality, performance, reliability and availability operability and costs.
• Monitor power plant assets for operational and financial performance and provide report to technical manager
• Conduct performance evaluation for the development of assets or projects and revise to meet changes needed and requirement in accordance to company's investment strategy
• Indentifies opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestion for change
• Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to accomplish strategy
• Utilize consultant when necessary to identify area for improvement and presented to technical manager for approval
• Ensure that power plant asset's operational are supportive for goals and investment strategy
• Develop long range plan for implementation strategy to maximize profitability and achieve investment strategy
• Monitoring the facilities design and construction activities and ensure the progress of the project is as per company's plan
• Implement and manage project changes to achieve project/asset expected output
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.