THE PROCUREMENT JOB FAMILY (ANALYST)
at Intertek Moody in
Job highlightsPosted on January 26, 2014
Fluent English is a Must
1. Analyze routine and complex transactions to verify accuracy and compliance with guidelines (inc. CPM and CP Policy).
2. Develop & maintain consistency of performance across Operating teams and take lead in providing solutions to more complex technical problems
3. Provide work direction, assisting senior analysts with ad hoc requirements as required.
4. Responsible for managing, controlling and running administrative duties and performing safety and procedural audits periodically.
5. Manage SAP & other databases and act as focal point for providing SAP interface & co-ordination activities
6. Comply with the Corporate Procurement Manual (CPM) including Quality Control processes and Confidentiality clauses and advise end users.
7. Prepare operational and technical reports and graphical representations for management based on large data sets, as directed.
8. Analyze & interpret specifications, standards & codes
9. Resolve issues escalated from subordinate staff and customers.
10. Identify any exceptions to procedures, processes, systems and reports and ensure they meet the latest compliance practices.
11. Participate independently, and as a team, in the development, review, improvement and implementation of business processes & work flows.
12. Participate in meetings with external vendors/service providers to review records and aid issue resolution.
13. Commit Company funds within approved TOFA level
14. Attend recommended course(s) and demonstrate benefits achieved through application in the workforce.
15. Keep abreast of market trends and developments in functional area of expertise and adopt best practices to support business continuity.
16. Resolve data integrity issues, control the data flow, review drawings, data sheets, catalogues and other documents.
17. Attain and Maintain Technical ability as per the agreed competencies.
1. Quality of review & analyses of transactions and support provided.
2. Accuracy of data analysis, manipulation & interpretation
3. Proactive identification and escalation of any workflow, policy or process related deviations.
4. Clear understanding and compliance of the CPM processes and CP policy.
5. Comply with RGEE, Seventh Sense, Safety Procedures and the RG Core Values.
6. Establishing and maintaining effective and ethical working relationships with suppliers and contractors.
7. Quality of reports prepared, procedures developed and specific systems utilization.
8. Effective and timely resolution of subordinate staff issues.
9. Proactive identification of any process or system related exceptions.
10. Effective contribution to the development and implementation of effective procedures.
11. Effective interaction and coordination with external vendors/service providers.
12. Attend recommended course(s) and show skills progression and effectiveness of skill application to the area of work.
Knowledge and Experience
1. Preferably a Third level qualification in the respective area of specialization, from an accredited institution.
2. Preferably a minimum of 5-8 years experience within a Supply & Procurement discipline. (For NDP employees to take up a permanent role at this level, they must have completed their Professional Development Plan and meet the required levels of competence, as set out in the agreed format).
3. Fluent in English language (demonstrated oral, verbal and written skills).
4. Computer and Software literate (with good MS Office and MS Project Skills).
5. Knowledge of SAP & ERP alongside planning, analytical & problem solving skills
6. Knowledge & understanding of Quality Management principles under ISO 9000.
7. Ability to work within (and adapt to) multinational and multicultural environments
8. Good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
9. Knowledge and understanding of standards, procedures, terminology and principles that are used within Supply & Procurement.
10. Knowledge and experience in a range of services incorporating international standard forms of contract and supply processes.
11. A good appreciation of business practices in dealing with global suppliers.
12. Experience in dealing with consultants, contractors, vendors and suppliers.
1. Solving Problems (Level Three)
2. Teamwork (Level Three)
3. Concern for SHE (Level Two)
4. Achievement Focus (Level Three)
5. Organizational Awareness (Level Two)
6. Integrity (Level Two)
7. Self Confidence (Level Two)
8. Interpersonal Skills or Customer Service (Level Two)
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.