Civilian Personnel Liaison
at ITT Exelis in
Job highlightsPosted on October 31, 2013
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Assigns tasks and provides guidance to to staff offices in response to requests for information and recommendations on issues of operations, current event strategy and plans, and command and control ensuring all taskers are managed properly and completed in a timely manner.
2. Provides guidance and coordination of effors for ASG-QA Command actions and events ensuring that all resources are utillized properly.
3. Analyzes projected sitituations with personnel structure and organizational structures and completes projects and studies which require knowledge of major issues, program goals and objectives, work processes, and administrative operations.
4. Coordinates personnel actions with the staff, ARCENT Civilian Personnel Division and provides liaison with the CPAC and CPOC to resolve related issues and problems.
5. Provides the ASG-QA Commander information on substansive, procedural and policy matters pertaining to personnel functions such as recruiting, position management, etc.
6. Serves as primary Automated Time Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) systems administrator for Headquarters ASG-QA.
7. Serves as primary information technology POC responsible for identifying requirements for enhanced ADP equipment/software, reporting issues and problems through the automated database and esuring prompt availability of required equipment.
8. Oversees the ASG-QA web page ensuring that it is kept current and in the prescribed format.
9. Tracks, reports and coordinates all annual training needs and requirements for ASG-QA employees to ensure required training is accomplished. Maintains copies of indiviual training plans and advises personnel on training schedules.
10. Serves as principal management advisor and effectively coordinates interface between directorate administrative specialists.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
A cellphone, landline phone, and extensively uses a computer. May be required to use both laptop and desktop style computers. Uses enhanced automatic data processing equipment/software.
This position works indoors, office envornment. Normal work week is 40 hours, 5 days a week. Must be willing to work additional hours when mission requires. Must be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This position requires flexibility in work hours.
Work environment is often fast paced and at times requires exposure to high heat and humidity. Should be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
College degreed preferred/High School diploma required. Driverâ€™s license. US Citizen with a Secret Security Clearance is required.
Incumbent must demonstrate a high degree of English comprehension, including speaking, understanding, reading, writing, and typing. Must be detailed oriented and organized.
Must be extremely proficient in use of Microsoft Office software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access ) Must demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of management and administrative actions, processes, principles, theories and techniques. Must have extensive knowledge of internet research techniques. Should be able to demonstrate an ability to continually gather, interpret, analyze, and correlate large amounts of narrative and statistical data. Must be accustomed to dealing at executive level. Prior Military Experience a plus but not mandatory.
Able to react to change productively and handle essential tasks as assigned. Supervises no employees.
Clearance Level Required at Start Date Secret
Work Status Full-Time
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.