Pre Contract Quantity Surveyor
at Huxley Associates in
Job highlightsPosted on September 13, 2013
The Quantity Surveyor (Pre-Contract) will support the procurement of assigned contract packages. This will comprise of input into the development and implementation of procurement strategies, involvement in pre-tender activities such as expressions of interest and prequalification processes, the preparation of tender documents, providing support for the activities during the tender period, and participation in all post tender activities including technical and commercial evaluation reports, and in the production of appropriate contract documents.
Key Duties include:
· Preparing tender strategies for assigned contract packages.
· Preparing of prequalification documents, evaluation strategies and reports.
· Compiling tender documents including facilitating the input of other project team members, such as Technical Services, Construction Management, Project Controls and Health and Safety.
· Drafting communications required with tenderers (e.g. Notices to Tenderers) for discussion with the Client’s Project Team.
· Providing input into technical and commercial evaluation reports for the approval of the Client’s Project Team
· Drafting Letters of Intent and Notices to Proceed.
·Drafting Contract Documents for the approval of the Client’s Project Team.
· Reporting on the procurement progress of assigned packages to the Senior Contracts/Procurement Manager.
· Contributing to the continuous improvement of pre-contract documentation and processes.
Specific Skills include;
The successful candidate will have 2 years experience post qualification. Clear communication skills are essential, in particular written English.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.