Lead Cost Engineer
at Kin-Tec Limited in
Job highlightsPosted on August 14, 2013
1. Ensures effective cost control for the assigned contract. Monitors cost data and prepare cost reports / monthly reports in close coordination with the contractors, project engineers, and project managers.
2. Establishes all necessary cost control tools to support the project management team in monitoring and managing project costs according to DEL cost control systems and procedures. To study project scope of work.
3. To prepare LOP budget for the project and annual budget for submission to finance, based on EPC contractors progress data.
4. To prepare the LOP and annual budget for the PMT supervision cost.
5. Review in coordination with contracts engineer to analyse the variation order proposal of the contractor. Also communicate and liaise with project control for planning and scheduling issues.
6. Monitors the commitments against the project budget figures to ensure that for every commitment, the scope of work/supply and related cost are in line with budgeted figures.
7. Prepares consolidated management information reports for project management team detailing the data related to various work breakdown structure (WBS) units for the DPSA projects in coordination with the DEL planning Engineer.
8. Associate with the PMT and planning engineer for reviewing the progress statements from the contractor.
9. Provide assistance to the bid evaluation team (as required) in preparing the commercial models used for bid evaluation, for the technical and commercial evaluation of the bids.
10. Review and process all relevant invoices related to the EPC contract, work service orders and other technical assistance from partners or 3rd parties. Prepares the Service Entry Sheets with all related data from the contracts, to ensure the invoiced amount are in line with the terms of contract and match the progress figures. Report any discrepancies or errors, and follow up with contractors, project team in order to rectify variances before any payments are made.
11. Carries out monthly estimation of Value of Work Done (VOWD) of the relevant contracts and prepares the VOWD estimation figures. Review the monthly work progress figures provided by the contractors, as approved by relevant DEL Project Manager, evaluated the VOWD vs. the planned progress figures, and reports to Finance.
12. Prepare estimated cash flow requirements of the contract based on project progress figures and data provided by the contractors.
13. CJFA to study & define clear scope for each partner. To re-invoice the progress invoice from the contractor, to JV partners (%basis).
14. To re-invoice the DEL PMT expenses to JV partners (% basis) - to collect the cost allocated to the project from finance and then to re-invoice to JV partners on a monthly basis. To invoice as per JFA share of each partner.
15. Prepare the contracts VOs/WSO/RFS etc. in SAP.
16. Defines the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) units for the relevant project and prepares the WBS codes for the project units / assigning the weights for the work units / coordinate with the contractor in developing formats for monthly progress statements.
Bachelors Degree (4 yrs.) preferably in Mechanical Engineering
Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a large organization preferably in oil/gas
Minimum of 3 years experience in a supervisory role
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.