Senior Environmental Scientist
at URS Corporation in
Job highlightsPosted on September 29, 2013
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The Environmental Scientist should have as a minimum:
• MSc In Environmental sciences.
• 8-10 years experience with an environmental consultancy
Experience with Oil & Gas clients
• Proficient in the use of basic IT software including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Other skills, qualities, and credentials that are desirable include:
• Professional registration and/or certification
• Experience in field studies
• Experience with EIA
The Environmental Scientist will be expected to complete the requirements to become a URS Certified Project Manager within 18 months after employment.
URS Qatar has a new opportunity for a Senior Environmental Scientist to join the Environmental Group at our Doha, Qatar office. This position will involve working on a wide range of challenging and interesting projects which are predominately oil and gas related.
Responsibilities / Objectives
Be part of the environmental team and support in the following roles/areas:
• Deliver Environmental Science related services to our clients that are on time and on budget.
• This work will include and will draw on skills in site assessments (covering for e.g. soil, noise, and groundwater issues), Environmental Impact Assessments, risk assessment and terrestrial ecology; shall also help the marine team as required.
• Write and review technical reports (e.g. environmental baseline reports, Environmental Impact Assessment studies, Environmental Management Plans).
• Contribute towards technical and commercial proposals.
• Manage efficiently 100 KUSD and + projects.
• Be proactive for HSE management of projects.
• Conduct fieldwork supervision.
• ISO14001 skills are necessary.
• Work closely with clients, focus on quality with the objective of satisfying the agreed scope of work and project solutions, and respond flexibly to changing client and project needs and maintain regular liaison.
• Communicate effectively with office and other team project personnel.
• Develop technical and professional expertise.
• Compile, process, analyze and interpret data.
• Write and prepare proposals including budgetary estimates and schedules for projects.
• Respond flexibly to changing client and project needs and maintain regular liaison with your supervisor.
• Business development to help to maintain and to grow the environmental sciences business line.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.