Transportation Systems Design Manager
at Fluor Corporation in
Job highlightsPosted on August 20, 2013
Fluor is providing program management and construction supervision services for the approximately $5 billion Sharq Crossing program
Sharq Crossing is a marquee program in Qatar’s ambitious development plans ahead of the 2022 FIFA World Cup. The project will traverse Doha Bay and will comprise bridge sections interconnected by an immersed tube tunnel to create a new passageway beneath the waters of Doha Bay. Completion of the system is required by 2020 to support the run-up to the World Cup event.
Seeking candidates for a senior management position. The role holder should act on behalf of the owner for the delivery of systems designs of the prestigious program. Having experience in managing large complex infrastructure systems managing Consultants and Engineers to ensure on time delivery of design of the program system and Sub systems. Sub systems include various road tunnel and traffic control systems.
Candidates should have the experience and the capability in presenting and interacting with highest level of management.
● Supported the design, manufacturing, and validation of subsystems by providing the development and management of requirements, verification and validation (V&V) artifacts, regulatory compliance, safety analysis, risk analysis, homologation, and RAMS.
● Responsible for gaining acceptance and implementing a seamless integration of the various sub systems.
● Coordinate the integration of components, subsystems, knowledge and expertise from subcontractors, consultants and suppliers to one functioning system which will match the system requirements.
● Define Systems architectural process and the implementation of this process according the Fluor Systems Engineering Process procedure.
● Responsible for defining the change management process for the systems and systems requirements.
● Defining and ensuring the implementation of Systems Engineering process, according to the Systems Engineering processes, ISO-15288.
● Supporting different systems disciplines with requirements management, documents the scope of facilities and scope of services and verification and validation (V&V).
● Reviewing the consultants design and requirements.
● Lead systems coordinator/ systems engineering team.
Basic Job Requirements
Desired Skills & Experience
● An accredited Bachelors or Master’s degree in engineering, and
● 20+ years related experience.
● Experience with systems engineering process and 15822 standard.
● Experience with Systems architectural methods: TOGAF , Archimate or Zachman.
● Experience with managing systems for large infrastructural projects; like tunnels or highway/bridges.
To stay safe in your job search, information on common scams and to get free expert advice, we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organization working to combat job scams.